IGNORED

nba jam te = basketbrawl?

midwest_cdn

NBA Jam on the Jag is the difinitive version of the game on home consoles, it's closer to the actual arcade version than any other, although most version are at least decent. I've tried the 32x, PSX and saturn versions, and they are all pretty good, but not as close to the arcade version as the Jag's. Also, comparing Slam&Jam '95 on the 3DO to NBA JAM on the Jag, or any system is definately like trying to compare apples and oranges; one is an arcade port of a famous side-scrolling B-ball game, and the other is a good attempt at a 3D-sprite based B-ball game, both are very cool, but you can't really say one is better or worse since they two different styles of video games and one (NBA JAM) is meant to be a fun arcade style game, while the other (SLAM&JAM) was attempting to be more realistic...

Well it was a let down to say the least, as far as version I would have to give it to the super nintendo version.I have never tried the saturn version.But Jag being the arcade port, hardly.Where are those lovable chessy fmv in half time? If not mistaken the snes had that.I am happy I only got it for 9.99 anymore and i would of felt ripped off.But in JAMS defence it was way better than WMCJ by far.

NBA Jam on the Jag is the difinitive version of the game on home consoles, it's closer to the actual arcade version than any other, although most version are at least decent. I've tried the 32x, PSX and saturn versions, and they are all pretty good, but not as close to the arcade version as the Jag's.

I agree with this. I got the PlayStation version way back at the launch of the system, and it was a fairly decent version, but the difficulty settings are messed up, as is the computer AI (such as your teammate deflecting your own shot). It's still worth playing, but the flow of the game is altered quite a bit because of the bugs.

The Jaguar version is the best all-around version. The PSX and Saturn versions have slightly better graphics and MUCH better music, but the gameplay on the Jaguar version is the best and the closest to the arcade. The Jaguar version also has no loading pauses (unless you put the gag "CD mode" code in :) ), and it has an impressive amount of voice samples for a cartridge game.

Archived