IGNORED

Right-angled cartridge adapter

morelenmir

15x2P connectors are on eBay in 50pc lots for about $35 incl shipping. Of course, there's the time delay in receiving a shipment from Taiwan... http://www.ebay.com/itm/50pc-Industrial-Card-Edge-Slot-Socket-Connector-15x2P-30P-2-54mm-0-1-3A-240-30-/130805266999?hash=item1e7499fa37:m:mO44IYIpTtFA0NLhbAqWLpQ

(Edit to add link I forgot the first time 'round...)

This is a fairly simple dual right angle cartridge port adapter mockup. The switch allows either port to be active, but of course not at the same time. ;-)

It wouldn't be expensive. The four main parts are the connectors(x2), switch and pcb. Should be around $15 plus shipping, if I can find a SPDT switch fairly cheaply.

racartport.JPG

It's doable. I hope to have upto 20 available on my site in about a month or so. First is the eprom board, then the TK-II Stereo Board. ;-)

• Like 1

Is it possible to have three possible selections? Left cart, left cart and left/right cart. If you understand my meaning?

In the XL/XE line there is no right cartridge. That was removed, in favor of having a semi-permanent builtin Basic. The 800 was the only Atari computer with both a left and right cartridge slot.

This a simple right angle adapter for the 130XE with the ability to have upto two cartridges plugged in, but only one active at any time.

Hey. I would order one for my 1200xl. That cart slot is so darned deep and some carts simple do not fit well in it. Love my 1200xl, hate the cart slot. Sooo, if this adapter will fit in the deeeeep well of the 1200xl, I want one so I can play with all my carts. I likes carts.

This would probably NOT work in a 1200XL. It is specifically designed for the 130XE.

That's not to say that a similar type of adapter could not be designed. ;-)

In the XL/XE line there is no right cartridge. That was removed, in favor of having a semi-permanent builtin Basic. The 800 was the only Atari computer with both a left and right cartridge slot.

This a simple right angle adapter for the 130XE with the ability to have upto two cartridges plugged in, but only one active at any time.

I was thinking of being able to have the SpartaDOSx cart and Panos 5-in-1 language cart plugged in for simultaneous use and not stacked across the back of the desk.

I was thinking of being able to have the SpartaDOSx cart and Panos 5-in-1 language cart plugged in for simultaneous use and not stacked across the back of the desk.

Sorry, no. The SpartaDOS has glue logic and is hard wired to allow signals to pass thru FROM it's top connector through to the bottom connection to the computer. :(