IGNORED

MAME 0.177 released

mizapf

MAME 0.177 has been released today, with some interesting changes for TI emulations.

• Fixed stuck INT line in TMS9902
  • Fixed missed CTS signal, outgoing RTS, incoming DTR
  • Fixed RS232 line mapping
  • Fixed debugger access to cartridge
  • Fixed a problem with formatted disk images that do not match the expected file size
  • Fixed another issue with double stepping
  • Fixed issue with deleted data marks in FM

The HDC9224 was added (the predecessor to the 9234 on the HFDC) on request of another developer who works on a system with 9224. This required me to add some missing features to the 9234 (like the PC-AT mode) which are not used by the HFDC.

Most interesting for me are, once more, the new floppy sound samples. While some of you may be less enthusiatic about those floppy sounds, they are one of my favorite emulation features.

First, how to turn them off:

• Set samplepath in mame.ini to another value so that the samples are not found
  • Remove one or more sample files from the samples/floppy directory
  • Pull down the volume slider in the OSD menu ("Floppy sound")

Here are two recordings of formatting processes with the new sounds, louder than in normal usage. The 5.25 samples were recorded from a Chinon drive, the 3.5 samples come from a Sony drive.

If you are interested about the magic behind, have a look at http://www.ninerpedia.org/index.php?title=MAME_Floppy_sound_emulation

• Like 7

Hmmm. Quite an idea. ;)

However, the floppy noise is by far more helpful. I'm actually thinking about a graphic window that shows the PEB LED activity.

Like the LED option idea. One that detects enables/disables the LED and access to them based on the slots you have populated.

How about if one could choose the color of the LED's too!