IGNORED

The madness continues

JagMX

for the furture - where can i go to report crap like this? with the new help system and shit they did i cant find where i used to go - havent used that system in a while ;)

I already reported it... but it was a challenge that makes the blue labyrinth in Adventure look like a cakewalk. (OK, it is a cakewalk anyway. And yes I am a dork.)

Let's see if I can recreate the path I took...

Start here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html

Select topic "Questionable content on eBay," subtopic "Potentially infringing issues" and issue "Games - the sale of games".

Then click "Continue".

Then there's a bunch of unnecessary garbage on the next page. (Did these guys learn user interface from Amazon.com or is it the other way around???)

Way down at the bottom of the page there's a button "Contact Support." Click that to actually get to the form where you report abuse.

I think both Amazon.com and eBay are starting to collapse under their own weight. Sort of like the At-Ats in The Empire Strikes Back. I'd like to take credit for wrapping the cables around their legs and taking them down, but I only wish it were true.

Man, I was really pissed when Amazon took over CDNOW. I LOVED CDNOW!!!

I couldn't see the one auction at the top of this topic as it comes up "Invalid". But I did see the auction where the guy was selling a Sega emulator and for an extra $5 would give you the URL of a site where you can download ROM.

So, my question is, what is everyone objecting to and filing complaints about in these auctions? Are you objecting to the guy making money off the emulator and information on where you can download ROM's? Are you objecting to the fact that he is offering to sell something that is free if you ware knowledgable about the Internet? Are you objecting to the fact that possibly its illegal to download copyrighted material?

Please don't yell at me or anything... not defending anyone, not accusing anyone. I'm just honestly curious and wondering why you object to the auction and filing complaints with eBay about it?

Mendon

I couldn't see the one auction at the top of this topic as it comes up "Invalid". But I did see the auction where the guy was selling a Sega emulator and for an extra $5 would give you the URL of a site where you can download ROM.

So, my question is, what is everyone objecting to and filing complaints about in these auctions? Are you objecting to the guy making money off the emulator and information on where you can download ROM's? Are you objecting to the fact that he is offering to sell something that is free if you ware knowledgable about the Internet? Are you objecting to the fact that possibly its illegal to download copyrighted material?  

Please don't yell at me or anything... not defending anyone, not accusing anyone. I'm just honestly curious and wondering why you object to the auction and filing complaints with eBay about it?

Mendon

For just about every emulator, in the terms of usage, or license, they state 'not to be sold with roms' or something to that effect, and I think that's the main problem here.

It's mainly the legal issue for me. Selling a CD full of game ROMs and an emulator on eBay is really no different from burning a CD-R of the latest Justin Timberlake (for example) album and selling it on eBay. It is copyright infringement, and it is explicitly against eBay's policies to sell these items.

Archived