IGNORED

Music in games

mizapf

Do you know more about music in our TI games? In most cases they are heavily adapted and only sound remotely similar.

So far we have:

Alpiner

Peer Gynt Suite: Anitra's Dance

Tombstone City

Hell in Texas

Hunt The Wumpus

(Intro theme) Peer Gynt Suite: In the Hall of the Mountain King

(Success) ? Well-known hunting fanfare, don't know the name

(Failure) Chopin: Funeral March

A-Maze-Ing

(Escaped) Wilhelm Tell Overture Final

Maybe you can add more here.

Alpiner

Peer Gynt Suite: Anitra's Dance

ralphb demoed Nonogram in the first post and video of his Flash ROM Cart development thread. I was surprised and thought something wrong. I then ran the music at 50 Hz instead of 60 Hz, and the tempo, and mood of the song really changed.

Try out that Alpiner song. At 60 Hz and you get something a bit happy and upbeat. And at 50Hz, it's almost sad.

:|

• Like 1

Try out that Alpiner song. At 60 Hz and you get something a bit happy and upbeat. And at 50Hz, it's almost sad.

I fully agree. I first heard that song on my European TI console, so it was a surprise for me how joyful it appears on a 60Hz console. Yes, I always found the song somewhat sad or ... schicksalsträchtig ... I don't know an English word for that, maybe "fate-bearing" or so.

• Like 1

Pretty sure that Moon Patrol and Dig Dug are original compositions... I've never seen or heard reference to otherwise.

(edit) Google credits Moon Patrol to Takashi Nishiyama (who also did work for Kung Fu Master and Street Fighter (1), they he may have been the designer rather than composer. Wikipedia doesn't go any deeper and further requests a citation on the name.)

Wikipedia credits Dig Dug's music to Yuriko Keino. Both credits are for the arcade versions, of course.

Burgertime is also (I believe) original - no credits online though.

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 1