IGNORED

As summer (the slow season) comes to a close...

Omega-TI

The biggest problem with identifying projects before they are complete is that snags may permanently derail them--and by mentioning that we're working on them, we set expectations higher than they ought to be. I don't like creating vaporware.

On that note though, I have been working some more on a layout that is near and dear to your heart. I had to sacrifice a fully functioning card to get as far as I have though. . .but at least it is starting to come together. With luck, I'll even be able to get my original card back together and working. Next difficulty after the layout is the PAL. . .

• Like 3

On that note though, I have been working some more on a layout that is near and dear to your heart.

Ooooooooooooh Yeah! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sorry to hear that it's causing a problem for you, especially that part about sacrificing a good card. Damn! That is going above and beyond the call Jim.

I know it's months away, but another reason I asked that question was because I need to know if there will

be any reason to have a TI-Fest West this year.

With respect to 'vaporware': Humans can forget to be rational. The context in this hobby is 'best intentions' and 'no promises' any other expectations are insane. - The only people making any money here are the web-hosting services :) I sure hope everyone can keep that in mind.

I recently bought my first beige v2.2 console. I want to use it as an excuse to learn how to put a DSR on an attachment to my memory card that adds a basic call to get into the flashrom99 menu from a V2.2 system. I saw another thread where Senior falcon posted playground code to do that... haven't tried that yet... cramming that into a DSR startup routine attached to a switch shouldn't be too hard... :) Also want to learn how to make a BASIC CALL routine from the DSR too, so the switch isn't needed.

I also don't understand the conditional statement: "If there will be any reason to have a TI-Fest West this year"

Why would we need a reason?

We should get together anyway ... even if there isn't anything new ... there is always perspective, techniques, and interest to share.

Besides, I missed out on all of the good discussion last year.

-M@

• Like 5

I'm working on an interesting interfacing project to demo at the upcoming Chicago Faire in October. The TI will autonomously control a slot car on a race track and compete against a human player. Everything will be managed by the TI itself without resorting to additional microcontroller boards and such. Both the PIO and cassette ports will be in use to achieve that. Still have lots of testing to do before I can fully confirm viability, but I'm optimistic because I have previously used the same general interfacing techniques in other projects in the past. More to come :)

• Like 4

In keeping with my original vs. mod thing, I'm hopeful I will have another working TI soon that I can cannibalize like I plan to do with the beat up PEB I won on ebay.
I want to do the internal 32K mod effectively eliminating the need for my internal 32K card opening up room for me to punch through the peb and install some lcd displays for temp and GoTek.
Fininsh my game and start on Mini Memory Module learning assembly there first.

• Like 1

In keeping with my original vs. mod thing, I'm hopeful I will have another working TI soon...

Nice! As many of us know, one TI is never enough! It's sort of like Jay Leno and cars. :-D

I doubt I'll finish it this year, but I'm working on a second system too. This one will be a 'small footprint' design compatible with contemporary devices/connectors.

• Like 1

The biggest problem with identifying projects before they are complete is that snags may permanently derail them--and by mentioning that we're working on them, we set expectations higher than they ought to be. I don't like creating vaporware.

I definitely agree with this.

With respect to 'vaporware': Humans can forget to be rational. The context in this hobby is 'best intentions' and 'no promises' any other expectations are insane. - The only people making any money here are the web-hosting services :) I sure hope everyone can keep that in mind.

While this is true, it does not stop people from getting very upset with you when projects don't materialize or move fast enough for them. The backlash can be so bad that I'm not will to play along in this thread, even though I want to.

• Like 2

I just published my little artillery game for Stuart's browser, and have a few other web-based games in the pipeline. My adventure engine is nearly complete also, so hopefully someone will help create some cool new text adventure games that we all can play. I'm a sucker for those, since they were among the first games I ever played and I started writing some half-baked ones 30 years ago in XB.

To add to what Matt stated - it would be fun to get together again, even if there's not much new. I think I'm like others here in that there is no shortage of ideas, but spare time in which to execute them is the item in shortest supply.

• Like 3