IGNORED

My Atari won't work

Six Love

I brought it about two weeks ago from ebay and it has worked perfectly fine up until today. Today, I plugged in a game and I got nothing. The game did not come on. I didn't even get the black screen that I would get if the game was dirty. I got nothing but fuzz.

I checked the connections and I checked to see if it was plugged in. I also checked the switchbox to make sure it was on the correct setting and I even changed switch boxes. I am getting nothing. I have emailed the company that sold me the system, but wanted to see if anybody had experienced anything similar.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Since you didn't mention it in your post, did you also check the channel select switch? On the 2600 Jr. it's on the back of the console near the joystick ports. On the older style VCSs it's hidden in a hole on the under side of the console. Setting this switch to the wrong position would result in a fuzzy picture.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Yep. I checked that switch.

I think I'm gonna try and replace the power supply and the RCA cable. To me, thoseare the two most likely culprits, and they are not that expensive. The guy who sold it to me on ebay said that, in all likelihood it was one of these two.

I would appreciate any other advice.

Yep. I tried 5 or 6 carts. The thing is, I get nothing. The game doesn't even try to come on. Not even a flicker of the game screen. Almost like the Atari isn't even plugged in. Which leads me to believe it's the power source or the RCA cable.

Archived