IGNORED

Apple //c Senior Prom?

TheDevil'sCompass

I had one in my //c back in the day, but ended up selling the system. I've never seen another one even on Ebay. I remember reading that someone had recreated a Senior Prom for the ][e but nothing for the //c. Anybody remember the Senior Prom? Or know how to make one for the //c? I'd probably never use it but I'd like to have one for the //c I've got now.

The Senior Prom for the //e is out of stock on Plamen's Website. He is the one who recreated it. You can contact him.

I never heard about a //c version. But looking at the ad back in the day, it definitely exists.

That's the one I was thinking about. He must have released his documents when he started work on it because I've got those on my hard drive. I recall at the time he didn't have any intention of making the //c version though. I'll contact him to see if that's changed. From the pictures it looks pretty much the same as the //c version so maybe it's just a ROM swap.

Yeah, the //c version definitely existed. I had one but I think the ][e version was much more popular. I think the original designer at Cutting Edge Enterprises was Clay....(Harrell?). I can't remember for sure. Something that's kind of interesting is that there's a big section of documentation regarding cracking that came with the Senior Prom. I recall this same document was released prior to the Senior Prom and word for word by the Disk Jockey. Hmm... ;)

Heard back from Plamen regarding the //c version of the Senior Prom. He does have a working prototype but no eta on when a retail version would be available. It'll be posted on his website when available.

http://www.a2heaven.com/webshop/

For those who haven't used a Senior Prom I highly recommend them if you're into cracking protection schemes. The Non-Maskable Interrupt and ability to enter the monitor at any point are worth the price of the device by themselves.

• 1 month later...

That's the one I was thinking about. He must have released his documents when he started work on it because I've got those on my hard drive. I recall at the time he didn't have any intention of making the //c version though. I'll contact him to see if that's changed. From the pictures it looks pretty much the same as the //c version so maybe it's just a ROM swap.

Yeah, the //c version definitely existed. I had one but I think the ][e version was much more popular. I think the original designer at Cutting Edge Enterprises was Clay....(Harrell?). I can't remember for sure. Something that's kind of interesting is that there's a big section of documentation regarding cracking that came with the Senior Prom. I recall this same document was released prior to the Senior Prom and word for word by the Disk Jockey. Hmm... ;)

Clay Harrell, yes. He's a mover and shaker in the pinball community these days. I reached out to him a while ago as a possible interview on my podcast, but he declined, saying he's forgotten basically everything about it and no longer had anything related to the Senior PROM in his possession. He did say that he and a buddy created and sold the Senior PROM while they were still in high school.

• Like 1