IGNORED

Found a pretty good monitor stand for the Adam

hafner

I have been looking in vain for a monitor stand wide and tall enough to clear my Adam, but recently found one that works nicely. I bought a few of these stands for my TI99/VIC-20/C64, and decided to give it a try on the Adam despite the dimensions not looking large enough. To my surprise, it's just about perfect; the beveled sides of the Adam fit right between the legs, and the stand just barely the top of the Adam's case. The result is that the stand doesn't dwarf the Adam (as it frankly kind of does for the other computers I bought it for).

Anyway, this may not be the most riveting subject, but since I had been searching for a solution for a little while, I thought I'd share.

kSp0V3Nl.jpgES0Ymurl.jpg

• Like 2

I have been looking in vain for a monitor stand wide and tall enough to clear my Adam, but recently found one that works nicely. I bought a few of these stands for my TI99/VIC-20/C64, and decided to give it a try on the Adam despite the dimensions not looking large enough. To my surprise, it's just about perfect; the beveled sides of the Adam fit right between the legs, and the stand just barely the top of the Adam's case. The result is that the stand doesn't dwarf the Adam (as it frankly kind of does for the other computers I bought it for).

Anyway, this may not be the most riveting subject, but since I had been searching for a solution for a little while, I thought I'd share.

kSp0V3Nl.jpgES0Ymurl.jpg

Well,Chris, looks like you could make afortune off this stand, it looks GREAT!! Package takes flight Wed. Fits to a T!!!

• Like 1

Well,Chris, looks like you could make afortune off this stand, it looks GREAT!! Package takes flight Wed. Fits to a T!!!

Well, thanks! Just to make sure it's clear, though, I don't have any financial involvement with this stand - I don't make them or sell them. Though I guess I'm financially involved now since I have to buy another to replace the VIC-20s that I stole away. :)

Edited by hafner

Hurray! ... That's good news, Thank you!

Your order was placed.

View order details. We'll send you an email confirmation soon.

Estimated delivery: Fri, Oct. 07–Tue, Oct. 18

And if width wise is good, the Expansion Mod 1 should fit too by the looks of it...

Sure it will, the expansion model 3 is thinner width than the standalone. The back is open for th cv unit, so it should work great.

I'm not sure what happened to my original link, apologies to all! Unfortunately, I think the replacement product posted above will work. That's the Jr., which is 14 inches wide; the one I used is the large (30336) which is 18 inches wide. Here's another link to the product, hopefully this one lasts a little longer.

Here

• 2 weeks later...

Add me to the list of people very happy with the suggestion of that monitor stand! Thanks Hafner!

attachicon.gifcoleco adam.jpg

Hey TPR, two things:

- that disk drive sitting on top of the monitor makes me extremely nervous!!! :skull:

- find yourself an ADAM AutoDialer to use as a donor shell for the SGM so that it's color coordinated to the rest of the system. I know, I'm being anal! :pirate:

• Like 1

Hey TPR, two things:

- that disk drive sitting on top of the monitor makes me extremely nervous!!! :skull:

It's actually very secure. Those 1702 monitors are pretty deep and it fits perfectly on top. My desk space is pretty limited as it is...

• 1 month later...