IGNORED

Atlanta Area Classic Gaming Meeting - May 17

Rob Mitchell

Hear ye! Hear ye! For your consideration ..

I am planning to host a video game meeting in the basement of my house on the evening of May 17 from 8 pm unitl some wee hour of the morning. This will be an informal meeting of show, talk and gameplay for Atlanta area classic gamers.

I can provide some basic refreshments .. or maybe we could order a pizza or two.

(No earlier than 8 pm because I do not get home from work before 8 pm.)

For those interested in attending email me: solder_guy@yahoo.com .. or PM me here at AA.

Rob Mitchell, I-85 & Clairmont, Atlanta, GA

BTW, can you make me a controller for Death Derby? It would help in testing.

Sure .. No problem .. I already made one for Al to test/show Death Derby at Phillyclassic.

Only those who contact me via private message or email will get directions and my phone number for the May 17th meeting. I hope several other Atlanta gamers can come too!

Rob Mitchell, Clairmont and Lavista.

Things to show on May 17th at my house:

Dennis Debro's Climber5 game

New Vectrex Protector game! VecVoice circuit with Verzerk and Pythagorean Theorem programs. Demo Time Pilot and Moon Patrol for Vectrex.

Atari Video Music ..

Atari Test Console

Custom Controller setups .. for Vectrex, Atari 5200 and others!

Atari Systems.

Bally Astrocade

O2 with Voice Module

Rally X arcade machine ..

Plus visitors get to see my Bomb Shelter video game storage room! :D

Other stuff ..

Please reply via PM if you plan to attend.

Rob Mitchell, Clairmont & LaVista, I85 North, Atlanta, GA

I'll add to the list...

2600 games

--------------

Edtris

Oystron

Thrust+

Qb

Jammed!

Space Treat Deluxe

Incoming (since Rob has a CC :D)

5200 games

--------------

Koffi

Castle Blast

If Rob has working 5200 joysticks :)

If you've never played these on the real console then stop by. You will love the experience.

Hey guys... it's looking like I probably won't be able to make it... the baby's been very demanding lately and I think my wife needs a break before she loses her mind.

So I will probably spend all night tomorrow night with the baby on my lap, trying to solve Pitfall Harry's latest challenge!

i was in atlanta last weekend...7 hour trip for me so I'm not able to make it...my band played Earthlink Live! last weekend with Ministry and I would have stopped by if it was last weekend...timeframe didn't work out...lol.

I hope you guys continue to have more get togethers, cuz I can probably make one at some point...will be back in Atlanta on June 30th for another show I think...

Mock :D

We had a nice little meeting at my house last night ..

Dennis Debro (Climber 5) helped haul my family desktop down to the basement where we set it up beside my custom modified 2600 so we could play all the BINs on the Cuttle Cart. Most interesting was playing Eric Ball's latest SKELETON+ in stereo! .. and all of Thomas Jentzsch's hacks ..

Brian Watson (POKER SQUARES) came by later and we talked until 2am. BTW: Poker Squares is awesome on the 2600!

All we did was play 2600 games and Vectrex demos and games. We did not touch any of the other game consoles! We did not pull out half of what we could have played/ showed off! That will have to wait until next time!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Rob showed us a lot of his hardware mods. Dr. Frankenstein had a lot of things cooking in the lab :D

o 5200 interface for 2600 controllers :thumbsup:

o Speech for the Vectrex :thumbsup:

o Rotary contoller made from an Atari Video Pinball :thumbsup:

o Asteroids controller for the 2600 (worked great with Thrust+) :thumbsup:

o A modded 2600 with too many features to mention :thumbsup:

o Y-cable splitters :thumbsup:

o Single paddle controller to play Video Olympics as a one player game :thumbsup:

and others I can't recall right now

We spent a lot of time playing 2600 games. Rob smoked me in Indy500 :!: I had never played the game before. It was a lot of fun playing with another player.

Skeleton was a treat playing in stereo. This was a great feature. I could actually here where the Skeleton was located.

We didn't spend a lot of time eating because we spent most of the time playing games.

As Rob mentioned we played a lot of Thomas' hacks. While playing the Missile Command TB (which is great) we noticed a change in the graphics ;)

Oh if you were too late and couldn't get a copy of Protector for the Vectrex (like me), then kick yourself. This game is phenomenal.

Rob also showed off his Thrust skills. I had never seen anyone get as far as he did on the VCS.

Rob smoked me in Indy500 :!: I had never played the game before. It was a lot of fun playing with another player.

Remember .. I gave you a spare copy of Indy 500 so you can brush up on your skills! (There was one photo finish race game where you won by a nose!)

Plus these guys got to see my video game storage chamber: the 50's era Bomb Shelter!

Ben and Todd: Next time!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Remember .. I gave you a spare copy of Indy 500 so you can brush up on your skills!

You just wait until next time :D

(There was one photo finish race game where you won by a nose!)

:lol: The game finished with a photo finish. My car "barely" crossed the finish line before Rob's and the game ended. We were making so much noise we almost missed Brian ringing the door bell.

Plus these guys got to see my video game storage chamber:  the 50's era Bomb Shelter!

There was some impressive stuff in there. I also found out sho I had been competing against at the GoodWill on Cobb Parkway ;)

Ben and Todd:  Next time!

Yeah, and I'll take you on in Indy 500 :D

Archived