IGNORED

Collection Suggestion

Rob Mitchell

When I started my 2600 cart collection .. I got carts from everywhere .. thrifts, fleas, trades, shows .. even two pawn shops .. and several long roadtrips. Now I kinda wish I had kept a journal about which carts came into my hands when and where. Some items I have no idea where I got them.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

(collecting since 1998.)

I agree, Rob. I wish I had done the same thing. I've been collecting for 10 years now, but I think if I sat down and wrote "memoirs" I could remember most of it. It's worth a try.

I can almost remember every cart I had as a kid in the eighties, but my memory is sketchy now...

The most I have done is to record the price I paid for a particular game( or the approxiamate when it came in a lot of several carts ). Also, I recorded the day of the purchase.

Unfortunately, I only did this for about half of my collection. The least I've paid for a game( besides the ones I got for free ) was 10 cents at thrift stores.

The most I've paid for one game( until just recently ) was $2.66. :D

8)

The majority of all my games, and cds I can remember exactly where I got it, and how much it cost me...I don't know why, but that kind of thing seems to stick with me...

It would have been cool (albeit depressing) to keep track of exactly how much I've spent on all my stuff...

Archived