IGNORED

80s arcade game ident, do you remember?

Here's another one...

You look through a scope, like Battlezone, and you're blowing crap up all over the place. I remember there were some missiles that you had to shoot down, because if they touched down the game was basically over. Late 80s game, it was kinda like BeachHead in many ways.

Any ideas?

Plus one for me, I located a game that I skipped out in Grade 8 back in the day to play...Sega's Flashgal...we must have been desperate for games, as that one is...dated :D

Here's another one...

You look through a scope, like Battlezone, and you're blowing crap up all over the place. I remember there were some missiles that you had to shoot down, because if they touched down the game was basically over. Late 80s game, it was kinda like BeachHead in many ways.

Any ideas?

Plus one for me, I located a game that I skipped out in Grade 8 back in the day to play...Sega's Flashgal...we must have been desperate for games, as that one is...dated :D

I'm crummy at identifying later games ...The crazy thing here is I think I remember the game you're talking about, but I Don't remember the name! I saw it once and played it once (Only once ever), so that'd be way too hard on my poor memory I'm afraid. I pay attention to this thread though, so we'll have to see if anyone remembers ...

Here's another one...

Any ideas?

Probably not the right game because it might be too early in the decade, but just in case.... Could it be SubRoc 3D ?

Probably not the right game because it might be too early in the decade, but just in case.... Could it be SubRoc 3D ?

Funny because that one (Subroc) jumped into my head too! But I'm predicting that he's referring to something later...I played something that had a similar concept but came out later...

Not Subroc..newer than that. Come to think of it, it may *not have had a scope, but a yoke control for certain. You moved around crosshairs, blowing the shit out of everything. At some point, you see missiles coming up over the horizon, and you have to destroy them before they reach the bottom of the screen. I seem to recall a 360 movement radius for your target, and basically you get swamped by all the action. Late 80s game for sure...have no more clues, sadly.

Not Subroc..newer than that. Come to think of it, it may *not have had a scope, but a yoke control for certain. You moved around crosshairs, blowing the shit out of everything. At some point, you see missiles coming up over the horizon, and you have to destroy them before they reach the bottom of the screen. I seem to recall a 360 movement radius for your target, and basically you get swamped by all the action. Late 80s game for sure...have no more clues, sadly.

The more you describe it, the more I'm sure that was the game I played once...Only once...I also seem to remember a red cabinet...Maybe red and black...

Perhaps it's too many beers ago...

BH2000 waaaay too new :) This game was either late 80s or early 90s, but very very similar in theme. So much so, it's like BH2000 was a sequel to this very game.

I wonder, is there some website online that just has screenshot after screenshot of arcade games? KLOV is a great and informative site but still doesn't have that feature specifically (at least I haven't seen it).

Maybe I'll luck out :D

Edited by atarilovesyou
  • Like 1

Here's another one...

Any ideas?

Battle Shark? http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7051

Not Cabal. This game I'm thinking of must have been an obscure one; there wasn't a scope, come to think of it...it was kinda simulating a scope with the first person view, and the control yoke looks a LOT like Beach Head 2000. The corner store I used to play it in had other odd ball titles (at least in our area), with games like Airwolf and Pac-Land (which wasn't all that common at the time).

All good ideas, but not the game in question. The sprites were on the smaller side, and again, the big theme of the game was towards the end you had to prevent these missiles from landing on the bottom of your screen (like in Operation Wolf, with the grenades). You could shoot them on the way up (they'd launch past the horizon), and then fall. You had to be quick to manouvre the crosshairs, but it got pretty futile at a certain stage of the game.

It was not a popular game by any stretch and I think I only saw it twice...in a cornerstore, and an actual arcade. With the whole control yoke setup, it looked pretty cool...I recall it looking kinda like the Spyhunter yoke, with triggers...not sure if there were thumb buttons too.

Thanks for the help, guys!