IGNORED

What next?

Dantaipan

So, I've got quite a few 5200 titles now but still have a good amount to go. Given that I have the following games what should my next few purchases be (outside of repros and homebrews) Ballblazer? Zenji? SW?:

Astrochase

Berzerk

Blueprint

Buck Rogers

Centipede

Choplifter

Countermeasure

Congo Bongo

Defender

DigDug

Dreadnaught Factor, the

Frogger

Galaxian

Gorf

Gyruss

H.E.R.O

Joust

Jungle Hunt

Kaboom!

Kangaroo

Keystone Kapers

Mario Bros.

Miner 2049er

Missile Command

Moon Patrol

Mountain King

Ms. Pac-Man

Pac-Man

Pengo

Pitfall II

Pole Position

Popeye

Q*Bert

Qix

River Raid

RealSports Baseball

RealSports Football

RealSports Soccer

RealSports Tennis

Robotron 2084

Space Dungeon

Space Invaders

Space Shuttle

Star Raiders

Star Trek

Super Breakout

Super Cobra

Vangaurd

Wizard of War

Zone Ranger

P.S. if anyone has any dupes of titles not listed above please let me know.

You said no homebrews, but, the only answer I can possibly give you is KOFFI!

Worth the money. I found it really neat to add a new, unique game to my collection - especially one as well-done as this. See my review in the store.

RE: homebrews - I guess my intention is to go for the original releases first then get into homebrews and repros. Frogger II would be a definite bonus to the collection but unfortunately it rarely comes up in auction and in my area 5200 stuff is very hard to come by in the wild (did they even sell this system in Canada?). I am always on the lookout though. I should also mention that Pitfall! and Megamania are on the way CO Sku_u.

did they even sell this system in Canada

No they didn't. I was an avid 2600 gamer and recall the anticipation I had when I read about the 5200 in the game magazines of the day. Finally I would have something to redeem the Atari name after my friends were getting Colecovisions! Alas, no such luck - the 5200 was never released in Canada. This was an early sign of trouble with Atari. I finally got to play one when a neighbour spent the summer in Georgia and brought one back - we played Centipede, PacMan and Countermeasure endlessly! 15 years later I finally got one - better late...

Archived