IGNORED

atari jaguar 2

hi,

isnt it an great idea of someone made an atari jaguar 2? that has 4 controller ports instead of 2? next to this. trowing an new mc68000 proccesor in it. ofcourse same type.

this would result that the atari jaguar would go faster right? and thus better graphics? :roll:

next to this. everythings in the same base. but just has an jaguar 2 on it. so that people can reconize it.

or would the above fall into modification?

best regards,

hi,

isnt it an great idea of someone made an atari jaguar 2? that has 4 controller ports instead of 2? next to this. trowing an new mc68000 proccesor in it. ofcourse same type.

this would result that the atari jaguar would go faster right? and thus better graphics? :roll:

next to this. everythings in the same base. but just has an jaguar 2 on it. so that people can reconize it.

Too late. The Jaguar 2 already exists (albeit in prototype form). There are only two known boards around. One sits in the Atari Historical Museum and the other is upstairs in my gameroom. :)

Jason

hi,

Too late. The Jaguar 2 already exists (albeit in prototype form). There are only two known boards around. One sits in the Atari Historical Museum and the other is upstairs in my gameroom. :)

Jason

And neither one seems to really work. Except maybe to warm your bagels.

Too bad Atari screwed up the marketing so bad.

hi,

Jason

There's nothing like a good bagel warmer.... :roll:

Too late.  The Jaguar 2 already exists (albeit in prototype form).  There are only two known boards around.  One sits in the Atari Historical Museum and the other is upstairs in my gameroom.  :)  

Jason

There's nothing like a good bagel warmer.... :roll:

:lol: :D

Well, we could dream about it, but I think there's no real chance to make a Jaguar II.... at an affordable price.

ok. how about calling it atari jaguar 3 then?.

But hey. an new microproccesor isnt expansive right? is it?

i tought i saw one from motorola for something like 14 dollars so. either i saw it, or saw something else

Well, we could dream about it, but I think there's no real chance to make a Jaguar II.... at an affordable price.

I think a real problem might be the software - and I guess the next generation Jaguar should be compatible with previous one. Who would make any software for it and how long would it take. Also who would produce dev kits?

Cheers

@ JS2000  

If you plug in the Jag/2 to a TV (RF) does the Jag/2 produce any picture? ala black screen with code. :|

Not currently. Glenn is going to try and troubleshoot it next time he's up this way. However, the one in the Atari Museum does work with Jag carts.

Jason

I wonder if the "working" Jag2 enhances the graphics?

@ JS2000  

If you plug in the Jag/2 to a TV (RF) does the Jag/2 produce any picture? ala black screen with code. :|

Not currently. Glenn is going to try and troubleshoot it next time he's up this way. However, the one in the Atari Museum does work with Jag carts.

Jason

Elsewhere, it was reported that the working model will play Jag carts at Jaguar speed (no improvements) for a while and then it gets hot and crashes.

@ JS2000  

Jason

Elsewhere, it was reported that the working model will play Jag carts at Jaguar speed (no improvements) for a while and then it gets hot and crashes.

Sounds like they went backwards to me heh. Jaguar v0.5

@ JS2000  

Jason

Sounds erotic.:grin:

I wonder why JS2000 doesn't have any Co-Jag stuff in his collection? :?:  :wink:

I'm working on it! :) So much to collect, so little time...... I want to make sure I can pick the machine up. Shipping is just way too much, so I'm waiting for a good deal on Area 51 or Max Force here in the Bay Area....

Jason

I wonder why JS2000 doesn't have any Co-Jag stuff in his collection? :?:  :wink:

I'm working on it! :) So much to collect, so little time...... I want to make sure I can pick the machine up. Shipping is just way too much, so I'm waiting for a good deal on Area 51 or Max Force here in the Bay Area....

Jason

Don't they have a CoJagUSA or a CoJag City near you?

I don't think we've seen the last console, I have seen things, my eyes have been burnt, FUJi's everywhere, Croissants.

What the? :?

Your obviously not listening! The man said croissants! What do you not understand!?! Croissants make everything clear! Say it, imagine it, smell it... it will come to you.

I don't think we've seen the last console, I have seen things, my eyes have been burnt, FUJi's everywhere, Croissants.

What the? :?

Your obviously not listening! The man said croissants! What do you not understand!?! Croissants make everything clear! Say it, imagine it, smell it... it will come to you.

:lolblue: :lolblue: I luv you guys! :P

Archived