IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Prototypes

Willard

Does anybody know where to get any atari Jaguar prototypes that haven't been released publically yet (meaning not the ones from B&C or other largely-distributed prototypes such as songbird productons). If anybody here has one, i'll pay/trade for one. :) THANX

Games like Speedster II, skycopter II, black ice white noise, Centipede 2k, and any other unreleased games.

DOES SONGBIRD PRODUCTIONS JUST RELEASE NOT YET RELEASED GAMES, OR DO THEY ACTUALLY DO ALOT OF THE PROGRAMMING TOO?

Does anybody know where to get any atari Jaguar prototypes that haven't been released publically yet (meaning not the ones from B&C or other largely-distributed prototypes such as songbird productons). If anybody here has one, i'll pay/trade for one.  :) THANX  

Games like Speedster II, skycopter II, black ice white noise, Centipede 2k, and any other unreleased games.

DOES SONGBIRD PRODUCTIONS JUST RELEASE NOT YET RELEASED GAMES, OR DO THEY ACTUALLY DO ALOT OF THE PROGRAMMING TOO?

Unreleased protos are difficult to run down. Those that have them aren't easily persuaded to part with them. However, some games you mentioned are available.

Speedster and Skycopter are available directly from Carousel Entertainment, however they charge $150 for each cartridge with no packaging other than the cart.

Black Ice, White Noise is available in Alpha format from Ambient Distortions at this link:

http://www.angelfire.com/freak/ambient/

Clint has bene pretty busy lately so it may take a while for you to receive a copy.

As far as Songbird is concerned, I do believe Carl does some programming (with help from others) in order to complete games.

Best of luck in your quest for rare Jaguar games. :)

Jason

Does anybody know where to get any atari Jaguar prototypes that haven't been released publically yet (meaning not the ones from B&C or other largely-distributed prototypes such as songbird productons). If anybody here has one, i'll pay/trade for one.  :) THANX  

Keep asking around, and make sure your wallet is full. Having an 'account' with people who run into them is a good way to get them too ;)

Watch for the flash-cart contents at JFUK...:D

Stone

Centipede 2k ???

Was Centipede really planned? I've never heard about it and

never seen just one pic from this version.

Can somebody tell me more?? Thanks.

Reportedly, it was written by Jeff Minter as his main project after Defender 2K. When Atari died it was shelved, then all the source was lost in a hard disk scrash a coupla years later :(

I never heard of Speedster or Skycopter. Can someone elaborate on these 2 titles?  

How complete are they and are they worth looking into?  

Perhaps a link to the "Carousel"?

Skycopter.

Speedster II.

Review of Speedster 2.

Stone

US$ 150 for each cart of Speedster and Skycopter? Ouch!

Well I paid $250 for mine a few years back. However they are slighty different than the final versions.

Tempest

Do tell Tempest. I currently have the following:

Speedster II - Carousel Version

Skycopter II - Carousel Version

Speedster II - Wal Mart Version

Skycopter II - Kmart Version

I know there is a Kmart of Speedster and a Walmart of Skycopter I gotta get, but I didn't know there was another version..... Argh! :)

Jason

For jeezus' sake, i havn't even got battlesphere gold yet, and i JUST put my name on the list. I'll HOPEFULLY get it around next year!

-I have A LOT of money to spend! I've been hording it for so long, and I relized "money doesn't bring happiness, what you buy with it can." :D

US$ 150 for each cart of Speedster and Skycopter? Ouch!

Well I paid $250 for mine a few years back. However they are slighty different than the final versions.

Tempest

I'll remember this thread the next time someone starts to whine about the price of new Jaguar games.

most people are willing to pay so much because of rarity. battlesphere gold is commercially (kind of) released. Speedster II is what most people thought to be unreleased. Plus, how many people own battlesphere and battlesphere gold? I bet only 1/200 of them own a copy of speedster II or skycopter. Only serious collectors wanna get ripped off that badly!

most people are willing to pay so much because of rarity. battlesphere gold is commercially (kind of) released. Speedster II is what most people thought to be unreleased. Plus, how many people own battlesphere and battlesphere gold? I bet only 1/200 of them own a copy of speedster II or skycopter. Only serious collectors wanna get ripped off that badly!

Why are Speedster II and Skycopter so rare? It's not like you have to buy a whole kiddy ride to get one. There's no reason they should charge so much for them!

Geez someone at Philly asked me this too and I can't remember anymore. I'll have to dig out my Jag and check them. Off the top of my head I think they're the Carousel versions and I thought they had some extra options. Anyone got a complete list of options you can select?

Tempest

Geez someone at Philly asked me this too and I can't remember anymore. I'll have to dig out my Jag and check them. Off the top of my head I think they're the Carousel versions and I thought they had some extra options. Anyone got a complete list of options you can select?

Tempest

As far as I know there are only the Carousel, K-mart and Wal-mart versions of each game. I'm pretty sure the Carousel ones are harder to come by, but I could be wrong..... Dig 'em out!

By the way Tempest, when are you going to open up the "Jaguar" section of Atariprotos.com?

Jason

By the way Tempest, when are you going to open up the "Jaguar" section of Atariprotos.com?

Right after I finish the 5200 and 7800 sections. I've been lazy on the updates lately. I kind of burnt out after that massive 5200 update and needed to take a break for a bit. I'm slowly starting up again though, so I should get to it by the end of the year.

Tempest

Archived