IGNORED

The Intellivision Homebrew Release Schedule OCTOBER 2016 (preview 2017)

Rev

The only problem with that is that BITD, catalogs were there to encourage more sales. To get you to pick up games you didn't know about, or older releases, etc. So the cost of the catalog was subsidized by increased sales.

Here, everyone already has all the damn games. So the catalog just becomes a cost. Which means the price of games would have to rise accordingly to cover them. Personally, I'd just as soon not have to pay for the same catalog 10 times a year, but that might just be me.

I also think that every publisher should co-operate so that we could have a mega-catalog published - but that also might just be me :P

Agreed , I was thinking more , the first or last release of the year for it to be included. just a thought that's all..

Per publisher seems to me, the way to do it. Back in the day, you would not have Activision sharing a catalog with Imagic.

At one point I wanted to make a mega catalog but D.H. convinced me otherwise. And I think the result was great.

But for a publisher with only a couple games, they may not even need one. Yes? No?

I think it's better the way you are doing it.

Personally, I think it's perfectly fine to have some friendly competition between the publishers, and it is very healthy for the community that they all have their own methods and approaches to releases. Having everybody doing exactly the same thing may be more convenient to some, but it's not really conducive to greater creative expression.

-dZ.

• Like 1

I could see having just one catalog as well. Excellent points you made. Having multiple catalogs for a few things is expensive. We can't have Cmart overspending on this stuff, his money could be directed towards more carts instead. Or multiple flash carts.

The only problem with that is that BITD, catalogs were there to encourage more sales. To get you to pick up games you didn't know about, or older releases, etc. So the cost of the catalog was subsidized by increased sales.

Here, everyone already has all the damn games. So the catalog just becomes a cost. Which means the price of games would have to rise accordingly to cover them. Personally, I'd just as soon not have to pay for the same catalog 10 times a year, but that might just be me.

I also think that every publisher should co-operate so that we could have a mega-catalog published - but that also might just be me :P

In this case, I don't believe the catalogues are to promote sales. They are to enhance the nostalgia. It's like making boxes, manuals, and overlays in the days of online content. Also, why we make patches and buttons and such, which end up solely on someone's shelf or glass cage.

-dZ.

• Like 1

Mad Bomber will be done next year, I apologize for the wait.

What about Whale Hunt? Isn't that game getting a box release?

It should. Although we haven't heard from the programmer after his last hunting expedition up north. :o