IGNORED

Too many cartridges... Display rack options?

jedimatt42

Ok, I've not tried to collect cartridges, but it ends up happening... Especially with the custom cart boards, and ubergroms and newer games... and ebay dumps of commons, so I have shells...

Anyway, what I would love input on, is modernly available display shelving, preferably wall mountable, that works well with our TI-99/4A cartridges...

I believe when I was a youngster, we had cassette tape drawers.. but our cartridges are thicker than cassettes on the display end, and I'm hoping some of you have a good option.

-M@

Best bet IMO is going to be a cassette (or even better) an 8-Track tape holder. The 8-Track holders similar to the Napa Valley cassette holders are a bit thicker and accommodate a TI cartridge just fine. Usually cheap when you finally do find one (paid $50 for my Budweiser 8-Track holder though), just need to be patient while you search!

post-13896-0-60867600-1478020430_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-58287100-1478020448_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I got THIS

Great price, and is actually a nice piece of furniture. (way better than it looks in the ad)

Holds 34 cartridges per shelf. Comes with 6 shelves. Will hold a 7th and if you use the bottom as well, that's 8x34 or 272 carts (bottom is much deeper than the rest and it holds/displays the larger Atari boxes perfectly which I found a better use)

For all it's capacity though, it really doesn't take a lot of space. Best $60 I've spent in a while (and likely much less expensive in the US)

Careful though, if you go directly to the Sauder site, they also stock a slightly different one that only has five shelves and reduced overall dimensions that greatly reduce storage capacity.

here's what it look like all TI-ed-up....

post-40994-0-27002000-1478037318_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I got THIS

Great price, and is actually a nice piece of furniture. (way better than it looks in the ad)

Holds 34 cartridges per shelf. Comes with 6 shelves. Will hold a 7th and if you use the bottom as well, that's 8x34 or 272 carts (bottom is much deeper than the rest and it holds/displays the larger Atari boxes perfectly which I found a better use)

For all it's capacity though, it really doesn't take a lot of space. Best $60 I've spent in a while (and likely much less expensive in the US)

Careful though, if you go directly to the Sauder site, they also stock a slightly different one that only has five shelves and reduced overall dimensions that greatly reduce storage capacity.

here's what it look like all TI-ed-up....

I need my walls to be made of these. :-D

• Like 1