IGNORED

LEGIT? ATARI 7800 POKEY BOARD With BALLBLAZER Final Production Pull C026461

Joe Stella

I asked about this back in April but no one responded. I don't know what a "final production pull" is supposed to be. If I had to guess, the board could be used to sample test incoming ROM chips prior to assembly. We would need to get input from someone who worked at Atari and is familiar with their quality procedures to get a real answer.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/251500-final-production-pull/?do=findComment&comment=3491290

A bunch of these showed up on ebay probably about ten years ago. I bought one at the time, I think I paid around $20 for it. It is just a standard ballblazer cart with the ROM in a ZIF socket instead of being soldered to the board. A few of them also had a second ZIF socket where the invertor would go.

Mitch

A bunch of these showed up on ebay probably about ten years ago. I bought one at the time, I think I paid around $20 for it. It is just a standard ballblazer cart with the ROM in a ZIF socket instead of being soldered to the board. A few of them also had a second ZIF socket where the invertor would go.

Mitch

That is when I picked up a couple.

I get a really weird feeling when the response is "what don't you get." It's a fair question, I think, considering the asking price. My first instinct is, it's a standard cart someone has soldered a zif socket onto, add some stickers and a "final production" title on it, and they're trying to pass it off as something special at a high price to the less informed. I asked my initial question to learn if this is false.

I find your responses odd CPUWIZ.

I get a really weird feeling when the response is "what don't you get." It's a fair question, I think, considering the asking price. My first instinct is, it's a standard cart someone has soldered a zif socket onto, add some stickers and a "final production" title on it, and they're trying to pass it off as something special at a high price to the less informed. I asked my initial question to learn if this is false.

I find your responses odd CPUWIZ.

I find you not understanding what I say odd.

A.) I bought one of these 10 years ago.

B.) You can fake it, but the BallBlazer ROM would have solder residue on it.

What is so hard to understand?