IGNORED

New Scott Adams Adventure Sequels!

Shift838

All,

I have been conversing with Scott Adams, yes, The Scott Adams who coded all the adventures for various computers. Adventures like Adventureland, Pirate Adventure, Voodoo Castle, etc. I have obtained approval from him to work on sequels to his adventures for use on the TI-99/4A. I have a few ideas for some sequels and may start working on them soon.
When I get one going I will be posting more info.
  • Like 10

What about a port of the Scott Adams adventures to Z-code (Infocom)? Could be pretty interesting as well. Savage Island revisited ...

(oh, I can tell you, Savage Island, grrr ... that stirs up memories about desperate tries to avoid being killed by hurricane Alexis right at the beginning)

What about a port of the Scott Adams adventures to Z-code (Infocom)? Could be pretty interesting as well. Savage Island revisited ...

(oh, I can tell you, Savage Island, grrr ... that stirs up memories about desperate tries to avoid being killed by hurricane Alexis right at the beginning)

I need to look into the Z-Code. It would be cool to be able to use that type of engine instead of the Adventure Cartridge. I already know the APL pretty well, so tackling Z-Code my be cool.

Exciting news! Love those games. Scott's a nice guy. I chatted with him too some years ago on email.

Will you be working on these games on your own, or is Scott assisting you in some way?

Darryl

When I spoke to Scott and he gave me permission via e-mail, I did ask him if he would like to participate or if he had any unfinished adventures or ideas. He said sadly he did not have any ideas nor does he have the time to help, but for me to go for it.

• Like 1

You know what would be cool?

Putting the adventures in a multi-cart and loading it with the Adventure module:

PRESS 1 for TI BASIC

PRESS 2 for Adventureland

PRESS 3 for Pirate Adventure

I'm guessing the following mods would be needed:

1) Adventure patched with the lower 8K GROM simulator (i.e. YLOAD or whatever we're using nowadays) to:

a) Copy loop for selection to copy to VDP RAM where the thing expects the adventure code for the adventure you want to play

b) modified jump to bypass the "load game" prompt when the module is started (it would just jump and start the code)

c) module headers with different copy/jump code for the different adventures.

I know there are some copies of the whole "original" adventures... but does anyone have an actual complete list of the ones released for the TI (including the later ones like Marvel, QuestProbe, etc)? It would be cool to get a master list of those.

• Like 3

It would be cool to get a master list of those.

hmmm, did I hear "list" ? What do you think you get if you ask for a list ?? ;)

TI-99-4A-SW-GAMES-ADVENTURES-ALL-V1.00-BETA.pdf

some related lists, but still working on:

Cartridge needed:

TI-99-4A-SW-GAMES-ADVENTURE-CART-V1.11.pdf

No Cartridge needed:

TI-99-4A-SW-GAMES-ADVENTURE-Stand-Alone-V1.12-BETA.pdf

Scott Adams/Adventure International:

TI-99-4A-SW-SCOTT-ADAMS-v1.00-beta.pdf

• Like 3