IGNORED

New Atari OS source code scans

Savetz

I have scanned* the assembly source code printouts of the following:
Atari 400/800 Shepardson Contracted Math Package
(@tschak909 looked at this and said, "Initially the floating point libs were delivered alongside the BASIC, and then were sort of built alongside the BASIC, and then the extra 2K binary hanging off the end of the BASIC, they shoved it into the D800 ROM before shipping. They basically did this manually as part of the image for the shipping 400/800. This particular printout deliberately broke out the math package into its own set of files on the mainframe with its own build script.")
Atari 1200XL Display Handler Source Code
(@tschak909 looked at this and said, "this is the E: handler that shipped with every Atari. Sweet16 equates indicate that this was pulled in for that project.")
Atari 1200XL System Equates
("that's just one big munge of system equates.")
*By scanned, I mean: photographed, because I promised the person who lent me the printouts that I would not separate the pages. The pictures are, I believe, good enough. Readable enough to be entered by hand if anyone is inclined to do so.

more to come...
—Kevin
  • Like 10

Here's the last of this batch (whew!)

Atari 400/800 Operating System Source Code

Source code printout with handwritten notes, 1979.

https://archive.org/details/Atari400800OperatingSystemSourceCode

Atari published the 400/800 source in official form, but a) maybe this is a slightly different version, I dunno. b) this has handwritten notes and changes. c) it's fun to see it on the lined computer paper.

—Kevin

• Like 8

• 9 months later...

Atari 400/800 Shepardson Contracted Math Package
(@tschak909 looked at this and said, "Initially the floating point libs were delivered alongside the BASIC, and then were sort of built alongside the BASIC, and then the extra 2K binary hanging off the end of the BASIC, they shoved it into the D800 ROM before shipping. They basically did this manually as part of the image for the shipping 400/800. This particular printout deliberately broke out the math package into its own set of files on the mainframe with its own build script.")

This is actually a listing of the Floating Point package from the XL OS. It is essentially identical to the 400/800 package, but the LOG routine has been modified. The 400/800 listing can be found in The Atari BASIC Sourcebook, which appears to be from a different system and assembler. This listing is likely a later one with changes to adapt it the Atari mainframe assembler (e.g. labels using : were modified to use _).

Transcription: ffp1.zip

• Like 3