IGNORED

Oh where have all the drivers gone?

Nebulon

Does anyone know a good website for old PC drivers?

I'm trying to avoid the numerous "just click this button to let us scan your system and install 'drivers' on your computer" websites out there. They give me the creeps.

Now if I can actually locate the XP drivers for the UMAX S-6E, I'd be one notch less stressed-out...

You might try asking around on Vogons if someone has the specific drivers you need.

I usually just google the manufacturer and model numbers for the part and start clicking away. I can't find any one site that has all the drivers I need or at least most of them. Getting my old Gateway Solo 9300 up with ME required drivers from 3-4 different sites. One of which was an old faculty tech support page for some university that no one bothered to take down I guess.

Searching for drivers is easily the worst part of collecting old PC hardware. :(

• Like 2

Does anyone know a good website for old PC drivers?

I'm trying to avoid the numerous "just click this button to let us scan your system and install 'drivers' on your computer" websites out there. They give me the creeps.

Now if I can actually locate the XP drivers for the UMAX S-6E, I'd be one notch less stressed-out...

You should be able to use MagicScan:

http://www.umax.de/cgi-bin/treiber.pl?Scanner=vista&OS=win_XP&SCSI_Karte=0&DigiCam=0&DVD=0&D_Form=Suchen+%2F+Search

Oops, link dead, but this one is not:

http://www.helpjet.net/Fs-74900502-30944839-20310361.html

Edited by eightbit

Thanks!

Turned out it was a combination of a registry edit and a 'modified' .INI file.

The UMAX S-6E lives again :)

• Like 1