IGNORED

2600 emulation on 8-bit computers?

eegad

Thank you for that!

Do you know who made Superman and when?

there are two very interesting a2600 games which should be great on a8 :) double dragon and kungfu master :)

If either of those two games were done on the A8, they should be done up to the standards of the 7800 versions instead (less some colors, most likely, but better sound).

If either of those two games were done on the A8, they should be done up to the standards of the 7800 versions instead (less some colors, most likely, but better sound).

I must be in the minority, as I simply loathe the pixel-to-pixel 2600 ports that were given to the A8. Pitfall may be a great game on the 2600, but I cannot tell you how sad I was with this when I first bought it in 1984 for my 800 (I still played it). And the rest of the Activision A8 library...ugh. So disappointing when the A8 can do so much more! Yes, what the A8 library really needs is faithful VCS ports of Dragster and Dolphin. :roll: I say keep your 2600 games in your A/V modded 7800! *End rant*

• Like 3

Kung-Fu Master exists in a rather good version on the C64. Since recently there has been a fair number of conversions from the Commode, perhaps the A8 would benefit more from a such port than a 2600 port.

Double Dragon tends to be a joke on most 8-bit systems, so I don't know why one seriously would invest time and energy in porting that.