IGNORED

Bubble Burst - WIP

Lewis2907

Bb Team,

Attached is a small demo of what I am working on before I go down the rabbit hole again. I thought I would post what I have so far. It's basically is "Bubble Bobble". I plan to use as many levels I can. Recreating the 100 levels and use the "DPC Password" http://atariage.com/forums/topic/258678-dpc-password-wip/?hl=%2Bdpc+%2Bpass&do=findComment&comment=3627745 I was working on to start at a certain location maybe a challenge. I have been very careful this time around on space, especially graphics space to make it work correctly.

I plan to incorporate the maze theme per say from "Pac_Man Ean n Run " http://atariage.com/forums/topic/257359-pac-man-ean-n-run/page-2?hl=%2Bpacman&do=findComment&comment=3617489 (I plan to finish it up. Just waiting on feedback). The story is that Bub and Bob are lost and their cousin, kid or someone is looking for them as they never returned. Reason is they moved on to BB2, but we all know that. I think that 1 to 3 enemy is ok to avoid a flickery mess.

Foreseen challenges are the Titlescreen and Music. I'm still playing with this and trying to learn it better. Hopefully I can do Bubble Burst some justice and not crash and burn their legacy. As always I welcome feedback and comments.

Bubble Burst 17 Nov 16.txt

Bubble_Burst.bas.bin

Edited by Lewis2907
  • Like 2

Bb Team,

Here is another update / issue. I am able to move from room 0 / level 1 to the next. But the way that room is setup you can't move through a wall the goal is to kill the enemy. Below is the code to make player move to the next room, but I always go back to room 0 for some reason. Not sure if someone knows another way to proceed to the next room. I will continue to play with the code and see what I can do and find in the forum.

;****************************************************************
;
; Advance is the conuter. Once all Zen are killed. Move to next
; room. Reset Zen.
;
if advance = 0 then goto _Jump_Advance
if advance = 1 then Switch = 0 : advance = 0 : room_shape[room]=room_shape[room]+1
temp1 = room_shape[room] : goto draw_room_shape bank6
_Jump_Advance

Also for dpcspritemax (DPC+) do I just enter the code below or are there some examples. I would like to use those extra variables.

If you're working on a game that doesn't use all of the virtual sprites, you don't have to let all of that memory go to waste. You can use dpcspritemax to reduce the number of virtual sprites and liberate some precious variables. Use "set dpcspritemax #", where # is a number from 1-9.

You get 4 variables for each virtual sprite that you disable. These variables can be used with dim to make meaningful aliases. Below are a few examples that show all of the variables that could be available to you.

Using "set dpcspritemax 4" would free up 20 extra variables:

player5x, player5y, NUSIZ5, player5height

player6x, player6y, NUSIZ6, player6height

player7x, player7y, NUSIZ7, player7height

player8x, player8y, NUSIZ8, player8height

player9x, player9y, NUSIZ9, player9height

What works so far is the jump and fall code. The enemy has better AI (Will put this into the Pac_Man Eat n Run game). This can be improved upon some more. If you shot the enemy he will be trapped in the bubble for a few seconds before he breaks free. Kinda reminds me of a Pokeball. Right now if you run into the enemy nothing happens as I am still trying to get this demo up and running.

Future WIP / Fixes. Move to the next screen after all enemy are dead. Attempt a titlescreen using the kernel. Use the DPC Password. Work on making the game more playable and fun. Thanks again to anyone who can point me in the right direction and or feedback.

Bubble_Burst.bas

Bubble Burst 20 Nov 16.txt

Edited by Lewis2907

Bb Team,

Here is another update. I make progress then run into another issue. May I bit off more that I can handle with this one. My goal now is to have a working demo with these 8 rooms. Feel free to play it as is. Still working on it.

My plan is as follows:

1. Polish the room movements. The exits are either at the top, far bottom left corner, far bottom right corner or the bottom.

2. Add the other enemy sprites and see how the flicker looks. I have an idea to reduce it.

3. Add the password, map, pause, titlescreen kernel, sound.

4. Implement feedback.

5. Hopefully a working demo by New Years.

Bubble Burst 21 Nov 16.txt

Bubble_Burst.bas.bin

• Like 1