IGNORED

Jaguar Game Copying

Willard

1) Are jaguar CD games eaisily copied by simply having a blank disc in the copy drive, and a JAGCD disc in the normal drive, then hitting copy, or do u have to trace all the files to a folder and then copy them with a certaint program?

2) Is there any place where you can find out how to make copies of jaguar cartridges?

3) Do you need the source code to copy a cartridge?

1) Neither. You have to make an image file, manipulate it then reburn it, though some commercial programs can do this for you.

2) Yes, inside my head! *mwahahahahahaha* (No.)

3) No. The end-user never has access to the source code, they have the binary (cart image) which is made from the source but which isn't the source. Much harder to change, for a start.

Stone

nevermind, its just easier to roll out the cash for a mass-produced new game (skyhammer) than to copy it, and actually cheaper too! I was planning on copying my friends copy of aircars so we could network the jags together. He's so pissed off that he bought it (even for $50) because the game is terrible, hes spent more time on club drive than aircars :)

nevermind, its just easier to roll out the cash for a mass-produced new game (skyhammer) than to copy it, and actually cheaper too! I was planning on copying my friends copy of aircars so we could network the jags together. He's so pissed off that he bought it (even for $50) because the game is terrible, hes spent more time on club drive than aircars :)

Aircars does suck, but it's a hard game to get a hold of. At $50 he got a steal! He should be happy. Maybe he could trade it for one of the better Jag games if he's not a collector?

Jason

although he is a collector, he doesn't like dumb games. I think all collecters are happy when they have a very rare/unreleased game no matter how bad it is, so they can brag about that, and they are so much more happy to have an unreleased game thats extremely fun, so other people who don't even collect want it too!

Nobody wants a stinker in their pile :D

hmm......

wasnt aircars on an rarity scale of 9? :roll:

how did youre friend get an hold of the copy?

best regards,

dragonforce

hi,

i was looking on for mortal kombat on the jag. sadly it wasnt there :( but i did found air cars on an rarity scale of 9 :ponder: .

also i found out that air cars is on cardrigde. i wanted to look at the screenshot. and than suddenly i remember that my best friend willard said his friend of his has an copy of air cars. :D

I was planning on copying my friends copy of aircars

really. and you ask for jagcd first. how are you (or anybody) copy an cartridge game to an jagcd? i really want to know that. so it will be usefull if someone made an prototype cartridge on an jagcd :D.

ps. to the moderator that blocked my topic. whats happening? i mean i have posted 7 topics and my best friend willard 13 :ponder: and as i remember. willard had just some questions.

hi,

i was looking on for mortal kombat on the jag. sadly it wasnt there :( but i did found air cars on an rarity scale of 9 :ponder: .

also i found out that air cars is on cardrigde. i wanted to look at the screenshot. and than suddenly i remember that my best friend willard said his friend of his has an copy of air cars. :D

I was planning on copying my friends copy of aircars

really. and you ask for jagcd first. how are you (or anybody) copy an cartridge game to an jagcd? i really want to know that. so it will be usefull if someone made an prototype cartridge on an jagcd :D.

ps. to the moderator that blocked my topic. whats happening? i mean i have posted 7 topics and my best friend willard 13 :ponder: and as i remember. willard had just some questions.

The only way to copy a Jag cart onto a CD is with one of those rare red and blue developer JagCD units with the CDR burner built in. There were only a handful of them built and the one I bought on ebay is missing the HAMLET chip, so it can't boot a copy. If you get your hands on one I'd love to see if the logic can be reproduced in an FPGA.

The only way to copy a Jag cart onto a CD is with one of those rare red and blue developer JagCD units with the CDR burner built in. There were only a handful of them built and the one I bought on ebay is missing the HAMLET chip, so it can't boot a copy. If you get your hands on one I'd love to see if the logic can be reproduced in an FPGA.

:lol:

I think you could do it with Matthias's cart...write a new CD BIOS to understand ISO9660, then burn all your ROMs onto a CD and write a small utility to flash the second memory bank with the selected cart image, a bit like the CD64 on the N64.

Then again, it would be less effort to just BUY THE DAMN GAMES :evil:

;)

Stone

:D

Archived