IGNORED

Magellan Screen image to XB256? Manual?

Airshack

Does anyone have the Magellan manual link?

Looking to somehow save a screen image I've designed with Magellan to a binary image which I can later load up with XB256.

Any way to do so?

The only manual for Magellan is the magellan.txt file, which was written by the original author The Codex, but I haven't kept it up-to-date during the 3 years I have been modifying the program. The release changes.txt file contains a brief overview of what has changed since then.

I'm not sure what kind of binary file you would need for XB256? Instead, perhaps you can use one of the existing export formats to generate an XB program that displays your screen? Then use the COMPRESS utility included with XB256 to turn your screen into a file that you can be merged into your program and displayed using CWRITE. I don't know the details but it's all in the XB256 manual.

• Like 1

The only manual for Magellan is the magellan.txt file, which was written by the original author The Codex, but I haven't kept it up-to-date during the 3 years I have been modifying the program. The release changes.txt file contains a brief overview of what has changed since then.

I'm not sure what kind of binary file you would need for XB256? Instead, perhaps you can use one of the existing export formats to generate an XB program that displays your screen? Then use the COMPRESS utility included with XB256 to turn your screen into a file that you can be merged into your program and displayed using CWRITE. I don't know the details but it's all in the XB256 manual.

Rasmus, I have several ideas/enhancements for Magellan which I would like to see if you wish to incorporate. I have started to write my own c# application that modifies the .mag file but the more time I am investing in this the more I see that the work should go directly in Magellan itself rather use an external app to fill in the gaps, something I cannot do myself given my lack of experience in Java.

If you are interested I will do a write up of what I have in mind.

Thanks

David

Rasmus, I have several ideas/enhancements for Magellan which I would like to see if you wish to incorporate. I have started to write my own c# application that modifies the .mag file but the more time I am investing in this the more I see that the work should go directly in Magellan itself rather use an external app to fill in the gaps, something I cannot do myself given my lack of experience in Java.

If you are interested I will do a write up of what I have in mind.

Thanks

David

I would be happy to look at your suggestions, but the changes I make are mostly things I need for my own projects. Wouldn't it be possible for you to work directly with the Java source code instead? The latest source is included with the installation, but we could also set it up on GitHub. [This should really go into the development forum].

• Like 1