IGNORED

Where is the Intellivision Flashback Portable?

Rev

There was also this portable unit that Walgreens sold for a while in their toy aisle:

attachicon.gifIMG_0031.JPG

I think that the distinction that Rev is pointing out is that the "portable" version must have its own display, hence the ones that I pointed out all have their own displays, and that 25-in-1 must be connected to a TV.

Plus that 25-in-1 unit has been super ceded by my Ultimate Intellivision Controller (assuming that I would be able to make enough to sell)

Thst would be interesting. But I would want the disc on the right, keypad on the left. Maybe side buttons as shoulder buttons. I'm sure if one were ever made they would put the disc on the left.

I agree, the disc needs to be on the right for me.

There was a post within the year, or so, but I don't recall if it is was a poll, but it was about asking how do we people hold the controller and what finger (left or right thumb) were people using for the disc. I don't recall the what most people said.

In the "ultimate" world, they would make it so that you could flip it one way or the other...but the keypad label would be upside down, but that is what overlays are for.

• Like 1

The unit should have little OLED screens for the keypad. Then, it could display the overlays and the orientation would change based on a sensor.

How about a bluetooth device with a 16 position disc and an OLED screen that can hold your phone as the screen? What do you know? Someone else thought of similar ideas...

post-42281-0-63086400-1480750197_thumb.jpg

All I can say is that it sold reasonably well, but did not meet overly lofty retailer expectations. Same thing with the ColecoVision Flashback. As such, no future hardware from AtGames will be created for either of those two properties. More software beyond the two PC SKUs is still a possibility, although there are no plans at this time, nor do I have any particular expectations for there to be.

Has AtGames considered putting Intellivision, Colecovision, Atari 2600, and possibly SEGA Genesis in an all-in-one plug and play and/or handheld?

Has AtGames considered putting Intellivision, Colecovision, Atari 2600, and possibly SEGA Genesis in an all-in-one plug and play and/or handheld?

It's unnecessary on the Atari and Sega sides because those sell well on their own. And up to this point they've used different hardware, so it would be impractical to combine them anyway. I'm also not sure a combined Intellivision/ColecoVision handheld would be all that easy to design either. At minimum, it would require a complete case redesign and additional plastic tooling, plus, it would still require buy-in from retailers. Unfortunately, as stated, those retailers are skittish on the idea after the consoles didn't sell to their expectations. It's just not something we should look to AtGames for to execute. On the hardware side they're sticking with the proven Atari and Sega stuff, and, in 2017, will be expanding to other IP that's not related to Intellivision/ColecoVision. I'm as disappointed as anyone, because I was one of the ones behind the scenes really pushing for those two consoles. Business is business, though.

I think that the distinction that Rev is pointing out is that the "portable" version must have its own display, hence the ones that I pointed out all have their own displays, and that 25-in-1 must be connected to a TV.

Plus that 25-in-1 unit has been super ceded by my Ultimate Intellivision Controller (assuming that I would be able to make enough to sell)

I think those 25-in-1 are NES-on-a-chips anyway, so I don't think they're relevant. Yes, your Utlimate Intellivison Controller was exactly what I was referencing. If there was a way to fit a screen like on the Nvidia Shield Portable or related (http://amzn.to/2fWrxP0) and a battery pack of sufficient size and still balance it all, it would indeed be ultimate. That can't be a cheap proposition, though.

I think those 25-in-1 are NES-on-a-chips anyway, so I don't think they're relevant. Yes, your Utlimate Intellivison Controller was exactly what I was referencing. If there was a way to fit a screen like on the Nvidia Shield Portable or related (http://amzn.to/2fWrxP0) and a battery pack of sufficient size and still balance it all, it would indeed be ultimate. That can't be a cheap proposition, though.

Adding a screen and battery pack was a consideration, at some point in the past, but I also considered that it would get bulky, unbalanced and unwieldy, so I never looked into it beyond that.