IGNORED

F18a question

Sinphaltimus

After installing the f18a, soes the standard a/v out (to rca out or rf modulator) continue to function? Video and audio?

I'm guessing yes on the audio because it must. Just curious about the video really because if I'm going to mod it, I want to put a female audio rca plug on the console and if the old video does not work, I can remove the Jack altogether. I'd rather leave it in place as an option if it does indeed continue to function.

Also, just thought of something.

I know Omega had an HDMI console project going but if the rca video still works, then with a vga splitter cable internal, one could have a composite video out, vga out and hdmi out all on one console.

That's what I'm looking at doing.

• 3 weeks later...

(Another possibility depending on how smart your TV is, if it detects no video it may mute the audio... I'd try a separate audio amp. Got a boom box handy? ;) )

I don't but I do have a headphone amp. Great call. There is no audio issue. So now I need a solution. I need an adaptor or two and I can probably feed the TI audio out in to my PC input and out my speakers.

I don't but I do have a headphone amp. Great call. There is no audio issue. So now I need a solution. I need an adaptor or two and I can probably feed the TI audio out in to my PC input and out my speakers.

Assuming your monitor doesn't have a pc input for speakers separate from the audio in?

I definitely want it to run through my pc. I've been using it like this for a bit last night and love it. Can't wait to get my usb keyboard adaptor straightened out and the grom port extension cable. I've been wanting to do this for months and I'm so close. However; even now, in fully functional, just a mater of form. :)

The digital tv it's on is shared with my pc also and someday it will be shared with my Amiga too. And I'll run the Amiga audio in to the pc as well. One chair to rule them all! Bwahahahahaaaaaaa!

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 2

I definitely want it to run through my pc. I've been using it like this for a bit last night and love it. Can't wait to get my usb keyboard adaptor straightened out and the grom port extension cable. I've been wanting to do this for months and I'm so close. However; even now, in fully functional, just a mater of form. :)

The digital tv it's on is shared with my pc also and someday it will be shared with my Amiga too. And I'll run the Amiga audio in to the pc as well. One chair to rule them all! Bwahahahahaaaaaaa!

Sounds like. me. I have 2 monitors running on 2 different switch boxes at 2 separate stations on my desk. My TI, X5A PC that runs the BBS and my Raspberry Pi3 run off one monitor, while my work laptop, MiST machine and home PC run off the other. Both have different switch boxes and both support audio switching as well. So 2 sets of speakers, 2 mice and 2 keyboards to run quite a few little devices.

• Like 2

Yeah. Before yesterday I had a completely separate workspace for my Amiga, my TI and my PC which works great for initial setup, reviving, testing and getting things up and running the way I want. But stepping away from my PC to go do something on another computer then instead of waiting for that to finish, get up and go back to my PC etc.. Nope. Give it all to me right here at one seat. I've got 2 monitors, a TV and a WACOM Cintiq connected to my PC, the Amiga, TI and PC will share the TV. Right now the TI and PC will have separate keyboards. When it's time to move the A500 in to a full size tower and integrate in to the main PC desktop space, I'll get myself a kvm, at lest for the TI and PC since I don't think it's work with the Amiga keyboard unless I find an Amiga USB keyboard project I can do or a low cost gadget.

It's funny having my TI right here alongside my PC. i find I use it more now, I prefer to play games on it as opposed to emulation now and I get confused a lot. I try to move my muse over to the TI screen like I'm in emulation and even grabbed my PC keyboard by mistake a few times. Once I attempted to hit alt tab to switch screens on the ti when I realized I was on a TI keyboard. It's going to take some more getting used to.