IGNORED

Root Beer Tapper

eightbit

FINALLY got my hands on this again! I'll tell you, what a pain in the ass it was to get a hold of this for a reasonable price (got it and 14 other games for $25...including Oil's Well!) and was playing it again tonight after probably about 15 or so good years. This time around I have kids... and my 12 year old loved it but thought it got pretty hard after screen six :) A great classic and I am glad to own it again.

It actually got me thinking about "Budweiser Tapper'. I think I know the reasoning behind using "Root Beer", but we're all grown up now and while I can't speak for everyone I drink more regular beer nowadays :) Has anyone thought about creating a homebrew of this game with Budweiser as the theme? Or better yet, a homebrew with selectable beers from an options menu to theme it to others? I wonder if one day I can play "Busch Tapper"!

• Like 6

wow getting oil wells alone for 25 bucks would be good let alone also getting tapper. You basically stole them from him. Great Buy.

Someone listed "15 Colecovision games" as the title on ebay and I only found it by looking for item description searches for Oil's Well since it is one of my favorite games. I happened upon the auction and it had one bid for $24.99. I bid right before it ended and won it for $25.49. Tapper was in there as well (which I also didn't have and really wanted) so it worked out. Turns out there were three more games (common/semi common) titles in there that I needed as well. So, for $25.49 I ended up with some great (and rare) games and still have 10 games to trade or re-sell.....for more CV games of course :)

FINALLY got my hands on this again! I'll tell you, what a pain in the ass it was to get a hold of this for a reasonable price (got it and 14 other games for $25...including Oil's Well!) and was playing it again tonight after probably about 15 or so good years. This time around I have kids... and my 12 year old loved it but thought it got pretty hard after screen six :) A great classic and I am glad to own it again.

It actually got me thinking about "Budweiser Tapper'. I think I know the reasoning behind using "Root Beer", but we're all grown up now and while I can't speak for everyone I drink more regular beer nowadays :) Has anyone thought about creating a homebrew of this game with Budweiser as the theme? Or better yet, a homebrew with selectable beers from an options menu to theme it to others? I wonder if one day I can play "Busch Tapper"!

I love your ideal. I would love to have some of my Favorite IPAs on the label/in the title.