IGNORED

Something you bought instead of the NES Classic Mini

save2600

Sold my Iron Maiden tickets

WP_20161222_16_13_53_Pro_zpsnjcp0vn2.jpg

bought Bob Dylan tickets instead

WP_20161222_16_14_13_Pro_zpsabqcmc6p.jpg

Reason? See the dates on tickets, we can't be at two concerts at the same time.

Both are great artists, and my friend hasn't seen either, being a fan of both. I've seen Dylan in London 1987 (with Tom Petty), so I would've preferred Maiden.

But Iron Maiden we can see next year, as for Bob Dylan, who knows. Best to see him now really. She's excited anyways, so I made a girl happy, either way!!

• Like 3

Both are great artists, and my friend hasn't seen either, being a fan of both. I've seen Dylan in London 1987 (with Tom Petty), so I would've preferred Maiden.

But Iron Maiden we can see next year, as for Bob Dylan, who knows. Best to see him now really. She's excited anyways, so I made a girl happy, either way!!

Not often you get to see a nobel prize winner in concert!

Sold my Iron Maiden tickets

WP_20161222_16_13_53_Pro_zpsnjcp0vn2.jpg

bought Bob Dylan tickets instead

WP_20161222_16_14_13_Pro_zpsabqcmc6p.jpg

Reason? See the dates on tickets, we can't be at two concerts at the same time.

I would have stuck with Iron Maiden IMO. Bob Dylan has some really good stuff, but he's older than Methuselah. I'd be happy just buying an album or two of his and going to the Iron Maiden concert.

• Like 1

I'm pondering pulling the trigger and buying the Famicom mini here. It's available(in most stores) for 70 bucks.

Really, what kind of stores? Independent gaming stores or something? Don't see regular retailers stocking that... and there's so many extra Famicoms from Japan, etc. that they're importing them here, huh? Must not be as popular everywhere else.

Instead of the NES mini, I bought myself a few new homebrews for ColecoVision, Intellivision and Vectrex.. that should keep me occupied for a while!

I also picked up a Raspberry Pi 3, just need to buy the controller adapter and get the software setup.. It'll all be going into an Intellivision FB case to make an Ultimate Flashback. I'll have all my favorite systems, ROM sets, XBMC and a few other goodies on there.. The NES mini just can't compete with that. I do plan to get one eventually but probably for the shell mostly, which I'll probably just stick another Pi in. :P

• Like 3

Really, what kind of stores? Independent gaming stores or something? Don't see regular retailers stocking that... and there's so many extra Famicoms from Japan, etc. that they're importing them here, huh? Must not be as popular everywhere else.

I've seen them in aout 3 or 4 electronics stores around here.

Did I mention I'm in Akihabara right now?

Well that was fun. I just unboxed my Namco Plug-and-play 35th Anniversary Edition (gift to myself - yeah some of us gamers do that... :grin: ) and had a great time with it. Review here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226948-ban-dai-pac-man-plug-n-play-system/?p=3656981

Anyway I bought it back in September on Amazon and I believe it cost me a grand total $18. 8)

I bought a kyocera D-611 cassette deck from 1985. Then listened to a tape I found in my stuff that was recorded by my mom in 1984. Trippy.

Nice, one of the best decks of any era! Have a couple myself as well as a few D-811's. Sankyo/Nakamichi/Kyocera of the 70's & 80's... people who think cassettes suck, clearly have never heard them through nicer decks. ;)

Nice, one of the best decks of any era! Have a couple myself as well as a few D-811's. Sankyo/Nakamichi/Kyocera of the 70's & 80's... people who think cassettes suck, clearly have never heard them through nicer decks. ;)

The nice thing is because it's a direct drive unit, I didn't have to replace any belts. Its not outside of my abilities, but meh. It was a $10 purchase at Goodwill of all places and was in nearly perfect condition. I was pleasntly surprised. The Goodwill by me are usually heavily picked over.

I picked up a few cassettes as well... nothing great tho. And yes, tapes do sound surprisingly good if you're expecting only hiss and warble sound. My experience with them is limited to a cheap tape player I had as a kid in the late 80s and early 90s. We didn't have good stereo equipment in my house as a kid.

I've been getting into vintage stereo gear as of late.

I also picked up a pair of Koss Pro 4/AAs at the same Goodwill a week earlier. A couple bucks but they were broken. A call to Koss and they replaced the things. Wonderful headset. Great company.

Probably the best two thrift finds I've had all year.

Edited by Lendorien