IGNORED

Cats and a ProSystem

jeremiahjt

Remove case clean case and vaccum out slot when dried up. good as new.

Just cat food and saliva. Looks like he puked up after 3 minutes of inhaling.

Suggest if you have 2 cats(competing for food to feed a bit less and make them eat with there butt down so the food does not come up as easy. An auto feeder with potioned amounts saved my sanity from getting woke up at 3.30am with them asking for food.

Good luck! :)

Remove case clean case and vaccum out slot when dried up. good as new.

Just cat food and saliva. Looks like he puked up after 3 minutes of inhaling.

Suggest if you have 2 cats(competing for food to feed a bit less and make them eat with there butt down so the food does not come up as easy. An auto feeder with potioned amounts saved my sanity from getting woke up at 3.30am with them asking for food.

Good luck! :)

I have two cats... in that part of the house. I have eight total, so I am used to them doing things in places that I would prefer them not.

Edited by jeremiahjt

Eh Ive had cats and they never did that. One puked inside the case of a 2600 I was fixing. Unpleasant as that was the inside of an empty 2600 was better than the carpet. Always consider the alternative when viewing s picture like that. It could always be worse. The puke was in plain view and not hidden for a long period of time

Fortunately this was not my gaming 7800. This one was given to me by my local record shop/game store since it did not work. I was thinking about ordering a set of button replacements from Best Electronics since that is what my original 7800 (my gaming one) needed before it would work. I had it sitting on my love seat, but when I was playing Shining Force CD last night my wife brought our baby over and wanted to sit by me. I just sat the 7800 on the ground, right in front of my gaming 7800, and left it there. Fortunately my working 7800 is off the ground on a trunk I used for storage and as a table so the cats never really get up there since there is not a lot of room. Today when I went over to my gaming area I noticed it. My wife noticed it in the morning and was worried I would be mad since I moved it because she wanted to sit down, but it is not really a big deal.

I think I will still clean it up and order those button replacements to see if I can get it working. My backup 7800 has horrible interference and I really do not like using it.

I would rather find throw up on a non-working 7800 then on plenty of other things.

• Like 1

I can totally see this happening. If a cat has to puke, they're going to do it. Oddly enough, my two cats have never puked on anything but my hardwood floors. No carpet. No couch, or furniture. Maybe I've trained mine better than yours? Or maybe I'm just darned lucky. They generally aren't allowed to stand on or even be next to my electronics. They also completely ignore wires. Good for the longevity of my vintage gaming gear!

Edited by Lendorien
  • Like 1

OH Jeez!

I guess Galactus's dog peed on his!...Why do animals get jealous of our poor 7800s?

Remember folks give attention to your pets And play Atari!

Back in 2005 my fiance's dog got loose in the house and half destroyed the place. He also pooped on my Game Genie that was laying on the floor beside the NES. I sanitized that thing with 91% rubbing alcohol and good as new... :P

The OP's 7800 will take some work but you need to open it up and clean it with distilled vinegar ASAP before the corrosion sets in. Bile contains organic and inorganic acids including HCl which will attack the contacts. Distilled vinegar (basically dilute acetic acid) would be more effective in this case for removing bodily fluids (cat vomit) as opposed to alcohol. I have also used acetic acid so safely remove battery corrosion. Being an organic acid, Vinegar attacks corrosion or oxides without attacking the metal itself. It is extremely effective against corrosion from alkaline batteries.

Back in 2005 my fiance's dog got loose in the house and half destroyed the place. He also pooped on my Game Genie that was laying on the floor beside the NES. I sanitized that thing with 91% rubbing alcohol and good as new... :P

The OP's 7800 will take some work but you need to open it up and clean it with distilled vinegar ASAP before the corrosion sets in. Bile contains organic and inorganic acids including HCl which will attack the contacts. Distilled vinegar (basically dilute acetic acid) would be more effective in this case for removing bodily fluids (cat vomit) as opposed to alcohol. I have also used acetic acid so safely remove battery corrosion. Being an organic acid, Vinegar attacks corrosion or oxides without attacking the metal itself. It is extremely effective against corrosion from alkaline batteries.

That's absolutely right muh'man!