IGNORED

Prototype Jaguar all in one CD/Cart combo

midwest_cdn

Those pics were taken by Don Rogers and myself at the '95 CES show.

Sam Tramiel exited one of the conference rooms holding that baby and we walked up to him but he was very tight-lipped. He showed it to us but wouldn't  let us take any footage.  So we parked ourselves at a nearby game kiosk and pretended to be filming the games on display. Don zoomed in with his video camera as best he could. Those pics are screen-grabs from his tape. Sam told us it was only a shell but it sure would be nice to have it.

John

Pics from 1995 Summer CES in Chicago:

Stone

Slick John! Any chance you still have that video footage lying around? Would be great to have the .avi here at Atariage to view!

Jason

Those pics were taken by Don Rogers and myself at the '95 CES show.

Sam Tramiel exited one of the conference rooms holding that baby and we walked up to him but he was very tight-lipped. He showed it to us but wouldn't  let us take any footage.  So we parked ourselves at a nearby game kiosk and pretended to be filming the games on display. Don zoomed in with his video camera as best he could. Those pics are screen-grabs from his tape. Sam told us it was only a shell but it sure would be nice to have it.

Sneaky! :)

Did you happen to see where the holes for controller ports were? The proto Jag2 boards have them at the front-left, is why I ask...looks like they would be better placed centrally on that mockup, which is why I don't think the Jag2 baords would fit it...cart slot's in the right place tho :)

Stone

Jaysmith's Jaguar2 boards look like engineering prototype boards, and surely would not be the ones that would go into the case in the photos. The motherboards appear to have a lot of test points for engineering testing. I'm sure the location of the controllers was just where they happened to put them.

Definitely, after looking at my board I don't see how it would fit in that case. Everything is in the wrong place for it.

Jason

I'll see Don at E-3 this week and will check with him if he still has it.

John

Slick John!  Any chance you still have that video footage lying around?  Would be great to have the .avi here at Atariage to view!  

Jason

Archived