IGNORED

Little Computer People

José Pereira

Hi and Happy New Year of 2017 to all.

Following some recent talkings about this game I decided to see it again and got something.

This screen is a simple one that is 3charsets with the PMGs overlays, nothing special ;):

post-6517-0-26176600-1483263274_thumb.png

Now for the in-game screen I studied and it seems that it can be done in charmode Antic4 with 4charsets across the screen with some PFs colour's DLIs:

post-6517-0-90457100-1483266198_thumb.png

Then it can be with the guy and the dog using PMGs in Prior1 multicolour mode so each use 2. Our guy can have one or two DLI(s) to have different clothes colours:

post-6517-0-17626200-1483263462_thumb.png

C64 is in multicolour bitmap that is ~8KBs and A8 is half as is 4charsets that is 4KBs. If someone can get the code mechanics of the various tasks/gameplay that is 6502 Assembly the same for the two and then the C64 has the guy and dog using their hardware sprites so it would be only this part that have to be changed to ours sprites PMGs.

I think that this is a simplier and possible idea to get the game on A8 (the C64 is also doing hardware sprites VS screens bitmap bit-pairs masking that is still need to implement on A8 when there's furniture on top of them...).

Here's the in-game screen (screen is in 40Bytes wide mode as dark blue and green are BAK register and I think these around the house, sky and grass floor is a very good looking):

post-6517-0-97140500-1483265997_thumb.png

And for any messages that can be shown above it's exactly like on C64:

post-6517-0-34034200-1483266019_thumb.png

:)

:thumbsup:

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 11

I've been looking at the original C64 / disk based code through Regenerator 1.7

This is actually a much better disassembler than what I've used previously but I'm still using Infiltrator to look at the resources. I'm currently looking to see what I can re-use and what I would have to wre-write ( disk based I/O, DLIs..etc ) to see if this is feasible or leave it to someone with more experience. I work full time, so I'll only be able to work on this stuff during my own time.

• Like 6