IGNORED

The Positive NES Classic Thread

I can on some level sympathize with that. Though in some cases considering when you can flatten things down for storage properly a loss is a loss. 15~ years ago the gf (now married) threatened to leave if I didn't get all those damn game boxes out of my apt closet...byebye to the console boxes and most the game ones too. Still stings as I kept them for transport and well at this rate slimming out stuff paper makes the the most foolish of collectards get wood and pay for it. :D

As it is now though I go through the shelves each week when I get that twinge of disgusted amusement something feels off. Out comes the oversized trashbag or a few little store bags and I go tearing into stuff. It's out back in the big can before long or set into a pile for ebay slaughter, or a third for another eventual random garage sale. The worst part is when there's a mix of more attachment than not still so you got to mentally work towards the break, then rip that sucker off like a band-aid.

The first one was possibly discontinued because it was hacked, you can have a whole ROM set on it, and Ninty got butthurt (as usual) over something so benign.

I'd say the recent announcement of the Super-NES Mini explains the discontinuation of the NES Mini. They're probably re-using the same production facilities for mass-manufacturing the new Super-NES Mini. With the NES Mini selling out in nanoseconds and sold in such limited quantities (I mean "limited" relative to the overwhelming demand) I don't think Nintendo holds the hacking thing as much of an issue. I'll be surprised if the Super-NES Mini has a USB port though...

I'm thinking there will be far more stock of the SNES classic, it will probably more of an issue to hack, and it might not end up discontinued so soon.

That depends if they plan to do a Nintendo 64 Mini, or perhaps some Game Boy minis with built-in games in 2018. If they do plan on making more minis, we should expect the Super-NES Mini to have an equally short life span.