IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2017 (Season 10)

My times for the week:

CoCo 1/2:
Dungeons of Daggorath - 984 min.
NES:
Moai-Kun - 173 min.
TurboGrafx-16:
Crest of Gaia (Gaia no Monshou) - 328 min.
Genesis:
MegaPanel - 68 min.
After a bunch of attempts, I finally got my 1CC/no-save victory over Dungeons of Daggorath. It was absolutely exhausting and nerve-jangling, but once I figured out the right approach it was basically a matter of time.
I also spent some time -- more than I realized! -- on the fan translation of Crest of Gaia. I was having fun with it until I realized that the game's stringent time limits mean you have to replay each level again and again to avoid losing points for taking too long. Otherwise you end up in a "dead man walking" scenario where you can't raise a large enough army to win the next battle. It turns what could be a pleasant experience into a hair-pullingly frustrating one.
Finally I messed around a bit with tricky sliding-block puzzler MegaPanel, and got over the hump in Moai-Kun at last by clearing most of the remaining levels.
  • Like 5

The family computer's hard drive died on us this weekend so I'm posting from my tablet this week, but I still managed to snap a picture (albeit a rather low quality one) of the games played this week with the tablet's camera. :)

Qha2RVu.jpg

Ineligible

---------------

Scooby-Doo! Night of 100 Frights (GameCube) - 106 minutes

Star Fox Assault (GameCube) - 303 minutes

Arcade

------------

Defender (played on Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits for Game Boy Advance) - 71 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (played on Namco Museum for Game Boy Advance) - 23 minutes

Robotron 2084 (played on Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits for Game Boy Advance) - 11 minutes

Atari 2600

-----------------

Alien - 55 minutes

Centipede TB - 68 minutes

Defender - 8 minutes

Defender Arcade - 76 minutes

Millipede TB - 26 minutes

Q*Bert - 14 minutes

Quadrun - 108 minutes

Stargate - 29 minutes

PlayStation

-------------------

Alien Resurrection - 558 minutes

Alien Trilogy - 124 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

---------------------------------------------------------------

1,580 minutes (26 hours 20 minutes) [1,171 minutes​ eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PlayStation: 682 minutes

GameCube: 409 minutes

Atari 2600: 384 minutes

Arcade: 105 minutes

Towards the end of last week a friend gifted me copies of Star Fox Assault and Scooby-Doo! Night of 100 Frights as "get well soon" presents, and I think they must have helped because I sure felt a lot better this week than I did the last few weeks. Both were games I had been wanting for some time, and while Night of 100 Frights is arguably the best Scooby-Doo game ever made (it's a toss up between this, Scooby-Doo Mystery on the Genesis, and Scooby-Doo! Classic Creep Capers on the Game Boy Color) I was really itching to play Star Fox Assault after having played through Star Fox Adventures last month; so that's where the majority of my gaming time went this week. At this point I've completed 9 of the 10 story mode missions in Star Fox Assault, so I'm sure I'll finish the game over the next few days, but I do really want to unlock the NES version of Xevious that's included as an unlockable extra on the disc so I'll probably replay the story mode another 2 or 3 times until I've gotten high enough scores in every mission to unlock Xevious. Star Fox Assault definitely ranks high up there as one of my all time favorite spaceship shooters, and Xevious is hands down my #1 favorite, so having both together in one game is just ridiculously awesome to me. Namco even went the extra mile and included the little yellow extra life flags from Xevious in the main Star Fox Assault game, which is just way too cool if you ask me.

Getting on to tracker eligible games, this week I played quite a few Atari 2600 games and a few arcade games as well; with special attention given to Defender and it's sequel. The reason for all the Defender time was that the misses and I watched Howard Scott Warshaw's documentary Once Upon Atari this week, and when the VCS game designers and programmers interviewed in the documentary were asked what their favorite video game from the time period was at least 80% of them said "Defender!" without skipping a beat. Having not had much experience with Defender before both the misses and I played quite a few different versions of the game to see what all the fuss was about, and I think we both totally get it now. I liked the original arcade version the best with Defender Arcade on the VCS coming in a very close second (especially when played with the Edladdin Super Twin 78) and the spousal unit was in complete agreement.

The only other games that I spent a good bit of time on this week were Quadrun for the Atari 2600 High Score Club and Centipede TB, the latter of which was played just for fun but ended up nabbing me another HighScore.com world record trophy with a score of 500,000+. I wasn't intending to play it seriously but the analog trackball control was so nice and smooth that I just kept going and going! :lol:

As far as the misses' gaming time this week goes, she divided it between the survival horror first-person shooter Alien Resurrection on the PlayStation and a small variety of Atari 2600 games. For most of the week she was getting in a few games of Defender Arcade or Q*Bert in the afternoon followed by a couple hours of Alien Resurrection in the evening, but sadly at about 10 hours into the game she decided to call it quits on level 5 of 10 and give up on Alien Resurrection. Having sat back and watched her play the whole game up to that point I totally get why she gave up too, since to put it simply the game is impossibly difficult (and apparently it was almost universally panned by critics for that very reason). Imagine playing Doom on Nightmare difficulty with 50% health and the pistol as your only weapon and you'll have a good idea idea of what Alien Resurrection has to offer. To the game's credit it is right up there with Silent Hill as one of the most genuinely frightening games of the pre-HD era, to the point that I lost track of how many times it made me jump just watching my wife play it, but even on the easiest difficulty setting Alien Resurrection is so hard that it seems like the developers didn't even play test it. I think my wife probably spent more time reloading her save files after dying every other room than she spent actually playing the game during the 10 hours she put into it, and when I tried helping her out to see if I could get her past the parts she was stuck on I didn't fare any better.

So, having given up in frustration halfway through the game, the misses decided to list Alien Resurrection for sale on eBay and move on to a couple other Alien games that were a little less graphically impressive but vastly more enjoyable. Tonight we took turns playing Alien on the Atari 2600 for about an hour (because what's not to love about Pac-Man with flamethrowers?) then she started in on her yearly play through of her all time favorite first-person shooter: Alien Trilogy for the PlayStation. She usually waits until around Halloween to play through Alien Trilogy, but she decided to play it early this year to help get the bad taste of Alien Resurrection out of her mouth. :lol:

This turned out to be a much longer post than usual so I'll wrap it up by saying that with any luck we'll have our computer fixed up with a new hard drive by this time next week, and there may be some Atari 7800 time in our future next week as well. Other than that next week looks to be another week of xenomorph annihilation for the misses and another week of furries in space for me. Until next time, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 13, running from March 27 - April 2. We logged 7881 minutes of eligible play, playing 69 games on a total of 19 systems.

Top 10:

1. Dungeons of Daggorath (CoCo 1 & 2) - 984

2. Millipede (Atari 2600) - 665

3. Alien Resurrection (PlayStation) - 558

4. Quadrun (Atari 2600) - 522

5. Lawnmower Man, The (SNES) - 500

6. Werewolves and Wanderers (BBS Door Games) - 480

7. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 424

8. TI Trek (TI-99/4A) - 360

9. Crest of Gaia (Gaia no Monshou) (TG-16/PC Engine) - 328

10. ActRaiser 2 (SNES) - 270

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Dungeons of Daggorath (CoCo 1 & 2) - 984

2. Millipede (Atari 2600) - 665

3. Quadrun (Atari 2600) - 522

4. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 424

5. TI Trek (TI-99/4A) - 360

6. Lemonade Stand (TI-99/4A) - 150

7. Beginning Grammar (TI-99/4A) - 120

7. Return to Pirate's Isle (TI-99/4A) - 120

9. Millipede (Arcade) - 87

10. Centipede (TI-99/4A) - 80

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (1947)

2. TI-99/4A (1230)

3. CoCo 1 & 2 (984)

4. SNES (960)

5. PlayStation (682)

6. BBS Door Games (560)

7. TG-16/PC Engine (328)

8. Mac OS Classic (240)

9. Arcade (202)

10. NES/Famicom (173)

Week 13 is one of many weeks this year whose numbers come close to cracking our all-time Top 10. Instead we get the crack of a PINE TORCH, as Dungeons of Daggorath for the original Tandy Color Computer takes the top spot on both individual charts, though the venerable VCS gets the system crown.

Not only is this the first time a Color Computer game has finished at #1, but Dungeons of Daggorath now becomes the first CoCo game in the 1000-minute club -- an appropriate honor for the system's killer app! -- as its 1450 minutes to date give it spot #275. And joining it in spot #276 is the arcade version of Millipede, with 1078 minutes logged so far.

• Like 6

In case anyone wonders/cares... I didn't forget to post any times. I just didn't have any. Sunday marked my seventh day straight of working and I've just been too tired to mess with it. Plus, late in the week, we had some storms come through, knocking out power to the house. I had unplugged everything and didn't feel like crawling around behind everything to plug anything back in until last night. I'll have some times for next week... already have about an hour on some TG-16 shmups from last night...

• Like 6

The family computer's hard drive died on us this weekend so I'm posting from my tablet this week, but I still managed to snap a picture (albeit a rather low quality one) of the games played this week with the tablet's camera. :)

Qha2RVu.jpg

The family computer came back from the Apple store all fixed up today (free of charge under warranty, thankfully) so here's a better quality picture of last week's games to replace the low quality one I posted while the computer was in the shop. :)

bQ62sp0.jpg

• Like 3

Off-topic, but it reminds me that I've got a mostly noname Android tablet that I haven't used in over a year, probably even longer ago. I can't recall if it has a slot for a memory card or if either of the two USB ports would accept a memory card reader. At least I know I have plugged in an external keyboard to make it a very poor man's netbook replacement. Actually I've even got a 7" netbook that I probably haven't used for 2-3 years. It was due to be reinstalled but I haven't bothered. Perhaps it would make a decent emulation device, if I ever had the desire to. Then again I've got a PSP that I haven't used for 3.5 years. I still think of it as modern gaming but then I realized the PSP was released 12+ years ago... :)

• Like 3

Interesting week... The Top system didn't make #1 in either category (not too unusual in and of itself) and the #2 system (TI-99) didn't have a game in the top 7.

Pretty cool seeing it line up that way. :)

Methinks I need a Tandy CoCo to try out Daggorath... ;)

• Like 2

Atari 2600

Hunchy II: 12 min

Game Boy Classic

Who framed Roger Rabbit: 15 min

Homebrew action in the HSC. Interesting game, but sadly no time to explore it further.

Roger Rabbit was played on the bus to work. I am not yet sure if it's a bad game or if's just unsuited for such quick in-between sessions.

• Like 4

Don't know how much time I will have to play this weekend, so I better post before I forget...

TI-99/4A:

Alpiner (15 minutes)

Centipede (30 minutes)

Henhouse (90 minutes)

Neverlander (240 minutes)

Lemonade Stand (60 minutes)

Parsec (15 minutes)

Star Trek S.O.S (25 minutes)

Sunken Ships (20 minutes)

TI Trek (90 minutes)

Tunnels of Doom (160 minutes)

Wizard's Doom (480 minutes)

Tandy CoCo:

Dungeons of Daggorath (35 minutes)

Intellivision:

Christmas Carol (20 minutes)

Snafu (20 minutes)

BBS Door Games (Heatwave):

Baseball (40 minutes)

Lots of "real iron" time this week, as ALL my TI gaming came on the real console... no emulation.

Gave Daggorath a try based on the high logged time last week. Awesome game!

Little Snafu with my son, and a quick play through of Christmas Carol on the Inty.

Good week. :)

• Like 5

ABC-80:

Roadrace [stefan Svensson, S.Software 1985] - 7 min.

Atari 2600:

Bowling - 13 min.

Yar's Revenge - 39 min.

Atari 8-bit:

Crisis Mountain - 26 min.

Mogul Maniac - 18 min.

Mountain King - 14 min.

Mountains - 14 min.

C64:

Barbarian - 2 min.

Nebulus - 16 min.

Interton VC-4000:

Circus - 2 min.

Flappy Bird - 3 min.

Winter Sports - 3 min.

A combination of HSC and a hacking party I visited. The unusual appearance of 2600 gaming was due to finally getting an opportunity to play with my Atari Flashback Portable that I received as a Secret Santa gift here on AA. I showed it to a lot of people at the party who were reasonably impressed, in particular as I don't think any reseller in Sweden has brought those here, unlike the regular Atari Flashbacks that can be bought at a price that is 80% higher than in the US.

It might also be the first time someone tracked playing on the ABC-80, in a rather good top down racing game not entirely unlike the arcade game Super Bug, or for that matter Auto Racing on the Intellivision, Rally Speedway and many others.

• Like 4

TI-99

Pitfall 3 minutes

A-MAZE-ING 6 minutes

Parsec 10 minutes

Reading On 26 minutes

Beginning Grammar 1 minutes

Division 2 90 minutes

Macintosh

Train Engineer 15 minutes

Lemmings 13 minutes

Intellivision

Christmas Carol 1 minute

Snafu 70 minutes

Edited by BuckoBrand
  • Like 5

ATARI 2600:

Centipede - 30 minutes

Hunchy II - 220 minutes

Pole Position - 10 minutes

ATARI 5200:

Keystone Kapers - 25 minutes

ATARI 7800:

Pole Position II - 15 minutes

Most of these games played this week were for High Score Clubs. On Hunchy II, I made it to Level 12 and reached my best score of 1395 points.

• Like 4

Here are my times for this past week (April 3rd through 9th)...

Atari 2600:

Buck Rogers - Planet of Zoom - 205 min. in 6 sessions

Bump'n'Jump - 2 min.

Centipede - 20 min.

Defender - 15 min.

D.K.VCS - 15 min.

After last week's Millipede marathon, I cut down the gaming times considerably this week. My main game by a vast amount has been "Buck Rogers", which I didn't manage to roll despite all that playing time. I also played short sessions of Bump'n'Jump (which rather annoyed me), Centipede (where I peaked at a bit over 50,000 points), Defender (where the mutants get so fast that they almost always get you) and D.K.VCS (where I didn't manage to jump onto an elevator because the jumps are so long that you jump right over it).

• Like 4

Posting now... I may get more playtime in with the hours I have left today, but I'll see - I may just get lazy and listen to albums again.

Atari 2600:

Pitfall II: Lost Caverns - 80 minutes

Game.com:

Centipede - 200 minutes

NES:

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest - 249 minutes

SNES:

Lawnmower Man - 1450 minutes

Well, this week was pretty fun. I started off the week with the Game.com, as friends wanted to mess with the thing due to having never seen one. I just played Centipede myself in downtime, but I brought Res. Evil 2 and Duke Nukem 3D for them to mess with as they wanted to check those titles out - I love seeing the look on peoples faces when they try those big-name titles and realize "Holy crap, there's nothing exactly like the original in these..." and I got a lot of "Well this thing is a load of shit"-s as responses, but hey, it was enjoyable. I haven't been keeping track of my score in Centipede, but I did clear a good few boards so I was happy with myself - I just need to play the actual one with a trackball sometime, maybe when we get the arcade going again...

The 2600 got me some time with Pitfall II. I always wanted to love the Pitfall series, and I like them for what they are but I really suck at them. So, I took II and just sat down and ran it. Really simple gameplay, really simple objectives, etc. but I didn't remember the whole balloon bit for a little so I got confused - maybe I should read manuals more often, I dunno. Dad ended up picking the game up and halving my time at the very least as he loves Pitfall games. I do suck at these, but whatever - it was fun.

Lawnmower Man was constantly played through the week, and let me say I feel good about this one. I'm still struggling to find a good video capture system though, I may need something like an RCA splitter so I can have the capture card not in the line generating issues? I just can't do as well because my card adds so much delay to the stupid thing that it breaks my runs, and I'm not learning to play it again with a stupid capture card in the line if I can get past that issue. The other Andrew and I got together and since we were doing nothing in Multimedia class, we got to run it in there due to the teacher bringing in his NES and SNES to play in downtime - it was really cool to play it on the projector, mind you a bit tougher due to not being able to see some projectiles. We got a time of 24min12sec though, so that was really good.

Castlevania II was an impulse in my mind this morning. Pretty much, I woke up at like 11AM because I stayed up too late last night and the first thing I thought was "I want to actually beat something". So, I sat up and I just took the game off the shelf and played the stupid thing - started at 11:38AM and got the ending screen at 4:47PM, taking an hour break in the middle to check my PC and eat a Reuben. With this game I do have two questions - first off, is this game really short or something? I don't have a great idea of the game, but I do remember where you need the blue and red gems which probably made it a lot easier. Still, even with that, I feel like I used to take a lot longer to beat this, and I kept getting the B&W ending... maybe running Lawnmower Man helped me with reflexes on games or some crap instead of game over-ing over and over and over like I used to? It's just that four hours seems real short compared to the past - maybe it is the game overs, I think I only got two this run. Second, what's up with the endings? I remember getting two endings in the past - one where the screen was grey and it said peace was restored but both Dracula and Simon passed which I thought was alright as at least Transylvania restored peace, and one where Simon apparently beat Dracula and peace and all that jazz but then Dracula pops his hand up like some cheesy horror movie. This run, basically all I got on the endings was that Dracula wasn't defeated, Simon died of his wounds, and Transylvania needs a new savior or some crap. I decided to look up the endings, and apparently what I got was the normal/not so bad but not great ending? I mean I'd say this one was the worst of them all, in the other two Simon ends up at least defeating Dracula which is good - in this one just kind-of kills him off and Dracula still exists anyways. Eh, if that's the "alright" ending then all I can say is "alright, I guess I'll just have to accept it" and play a different game. Overall though, I seriously enjoyed this run for what it was. The game had a challenge but wasn't really that hard, the story does exist/isn't too horrible, and I didn't have any major gripes with it anyways - it definitely went up on my list of NES games that I enjoy.

So, that's my week in games. I may post more times for tomorrow as I have a serious urge to play Rolling Thunder, but I'll see if I get around to that after I go eat some food.

Edited by BurritoBeans
  • Like 4

My times for the week. I got to play games! Yea!

Berzerk - 24 min (I'm really glad I picked this one up recently. Having a lot of fun with it, especially since my MAME rom quit working for some reason...)

Defender - 10 min (Played this because I watched a bit of a video where they had some Christmas themed game for the TG that reminded me of Defender with Santa shooting ornaments or something...)

Hunchy II - 15 min (Played for the VCS HSC. Hard game. Those things flying across the screen got me to cursing after a bit. Wish I could practice a level without them...)

NES

Castlevania - 21 min (I turn this one on every once in a while just to see where I end up. Game over came at the hands of Frank and the hunchback. Oh well.)

TurboGrafx-16

Blazing Lazers - 57 min (I beat this one back in the day and know of a cheat that I can use on a stage to rack up points and lives, but didn't use it this time. Got to last level before the enemies overwhelmed me after coming back from death with no powerups.)

Bonk's Adventure - 83 min (Grabbed this one off the shelf by mistake and went ahead and played it and beat it without continuing. It's not a hard game, but fun.)

Psychosis - 12 min (I have beaten this game twice, but both times it was on one ship. It's one of those that, later in the game, it's just too hard to recover from a death. Don't really hear much about it.)

R-Type - 18 min (I'm not that great at this one... I can pretty consistently get to the end of the the level three boss ship thing... but usually die there. I've made it to stage 4 once, I think... I still love playing it.)

Raiden - 19 min (This one always kicks my butt and for some reason, this version, the TurboChip/HuCard one, seems harder than others I've played.)

I didn't play Final Fantasy VII any this week. And now it's been two weeks since I picked it up. I may be bored with it... might go ahead and try something else, but I've been having fun with other games and that's what matters, right?

Also, there was no emulation this week. Everything was on real hardware! lol

• Like 5

My times for the week:

CoCo 1/2:
Spidercide - 10 min.
NES:
Double Dragon III - 266 min.
Moai-Kun - 101 min.
Philips CD-i:
International Tennis Open - 38 min.
PlayStation:
Assault: Retribution - 10 min.
Builder's Block - 16 min.
Sled Storm - 5 min.
Tigershark - 12 min.
Wreckin' Crew: Drive Dangerously - 8 min.
Beat Moai-Kun; thoughts on that here, along with Energy and Daggorath.
Otherwise I tried out some PlayStation buys, messed around with a CD-i tennis game, got a new high score on a CoCo cart I owned as a kid, and made it to the final boss fight in Double Dragon III a bunch of times but couldn't quite close the deal.
  • Like 4

"All for us... everything in the universe exists for us. All for us... all things in the universe... will be ours. Bow before us... submit to us! We are perfection. We possess all knowledge. We are truth! Only us!"- Aparoid Queen, Star Fox Assault

ynCnvJT.jpg

Ineligible

Star Fox Assault (GameCube) - 544 minutes

Arcade (All played on Midway Arcade Treasures for GameCube except Ms. Pac-Man)

Blaster - 7 minutes

Defender - 26 minutes

Defender II - 3 minutes

Marble Madness - 4 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (played on Namco Museum for Game Boy Advance) - 8 minutes

Paperboy - 4 minutes

Robotron 2084 - 58 minutes

Root Beer Tapper - 6 minutes

Smash T.V. - 12 minutes

Atari 2600

Hunchy II - 123 minutes

Kangaroo - 48 minutes

New Pac-Man (8k Version) - 42 minutes

Atari 7800

Centipede - 12 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man - 27 minutes

Robotron 2084 - 41 minutes

Xevious - 24 minutes

Game Boy

Kirby's Pinball Land - 30 minutes

Mortal Kombat - 132 minutes

Mortal Kombat II - 18 minutes

Solar Striker - 23 minutes

Game Boy Color

Ms. Pac-Man: Special Color Edition - 36 minutes

Pac-Man: Special Color Edition - 17 minutes

Shadowgate Classic - 22 minutes

NES

Xevious (played on Star Fox Assault for GameCube) - 33 minutes

PlayStation

Alien Trilogy - 228 minutes

Bust-A-Move 2: Arcade Edition - 55 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
1,593 minutes (26 hours 33 minutes) [1,039 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

GameCube: 554 minutes

PlayStation: 283 minutes

Atari 2600: 213 minutes

Game Boy: 203 minutes

Arcade: 128 minutes

Atari 7800: 104 minutes

Game Boy Color: 75 minutes

NES: 33 minutes

I started off this week's post with a quote from the final boss of Star Fox Assault because it's hands down my favorite video game boss battle of all time, and I played a whole ton of Star Fox Assault this past week. Having completed the story mode on Silver (medium) difficulty last week, this week I decided to go back and replay all the missions individually to see if I could reach the necessary high scores in each mission to unlock the NES version of Xevious hidden in Star Fox Assault as a bonus for those able to get high enough scores to unlock it. They didn't make it easy by any means, but after a week of trying I did finally manage to collect the Silver high score medal on all 10 levels and unlock Xevious. After playing Xevious for a while and remembering why it's one of my all time favorite spaceship shooters I ended up playing even more Star Fox Assault, this time playing through the game in Survival mode; which basically turns the game into an arcade game where you get 3 lives, no extra lives, no continues, and no saves. You can read about how that went here in the High Score Today thread, but the short version of the story is that after 4 and a half hours I did narrowly beat the game just by the skin of my teeth and set a world record high score in the process! :D

For tracker eligible games this week I spent a lot of time playing a couple games that I stumbled on during a trip to a local game store: Mortal Kombat for the Game Boy and the arcade game compilation Midway Arcade Treasures for the GameCube. Mortal Kombat is without a doubt a pretty terrible game due to no small amount of slowdown and just plain bad controls, but it's one that I owned and played constantly as a kid so I've got a real soft spot for it anyway; plus it's the only version of Mortal Kombat that I know of that let's you play as Goro if you beat the game then enter a certain button sequence after the credits roll. Mortal Kombat also gave me a good excuse to break out the immensely cool (to me at least) Game Boy Game Genie that I so rarely find uses for, since there happens to be a Game Genie code for the game that lets you play as the game's final boss Shang Tsung. While I was at it I also played a small assortment of other Game Boy and backwards compatible Game Boy Color games this week too, since early in the week I finally spruced up my old backlit gray brick with brand new silicone button and D-pad contacts as well as a fancy glass screen lens for greater visual clarity. Both upgrades worked wonderfully and I have a feeling that I'll be playing the original Game Boy a lot more this year than I did last year.

The other game I got this week, Midway Arcade Treasures, was one that I picked up mainly for Robotron 2084 and Smash T.V. (both of which play great with the GameCube controller's twin sticks) but I also had a lot of fun exploring some of the other games in the collection as well. On the Atari 2600 front the only thing I really played much of this week was Hunchy II for the High Score Club, and though I did give it my best effort I ended up finding it pretty frustrating and I don't think it's a game that I'll want to go back and play again now that this round of the High Score Club is over. As far as the Atari 7800 games I listed times for this week go, all I really care to say on the matter is that I once again got an Atari 7800 system, it once again had something seriously wrong with it, and after having now gone through 4 different systems I can safely say that the Atari 7800 has joined the ColecoVision and NES on the list of systems that I enjoy playing via emulation but won't own any more original hardware of for reliability reasons.

Moving on to the misses' gaming time this week, she didn't play quite as much this week as in previous weeks this year but she still managed to get in a bit of time on the PlayStation and Atari 2600 here and there when I wasn't hogging up the TV playing Star Fox Assault. She finished off the play through of Alien Trilogy for the PlayStation that she started last week, spent an hour or so playing the copy of Bust-A-Move 2 that she scored for $3 from the aforementioned local game store at the same time I got Mortal Kombat and Midway Arcade Treasures, then celebrated national Pac-Man day by playing a few games of New Pac-Man on the VCS. Speaking of the VCS, she also played bit of Kangaroo last night, but I think that was pretty much everything for her this week.

Looking ahead to next week I've got no idea what the spousal unit has on her gaming agenda, and I'm not sure I really know what I'll be playing either. Now that I've finished Star Fox Assault I should probably go back and wrap up my game of Scooby-Doo! Night of 100 Frights for the GameCube that I started a couple weeks ago, but I'm also itching to spend some more time basking in the nostalgia that only the green and black screen of the original Game Boy can deliver. So, who knows what next week has in store! I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Until then, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 4