IGNORED

Asteroids Gone Squirrelly!

Tifany

Hi all!

I tryed playing my 7800 asteroids last night but something wierd happened... as soon as it got past the atari symbol intro, it acted like the hyperspace button was stuck. All it does is make the ship go into hyperspace over and over and over untill game over!

It doesnt seem to matter if the joystick is plugged in or not, and i cleaned the contacts on both the game and the 7800. Anyone have any ideas??

Im thinking that my game is down for the count here... anyone have an extra one they might want to get rid of?

Thanx!

Try cleaning the contacts with an eraser and try it again. Sometimes that worked for me. If not, and you have cleaned the contacts with alcohol until the q-tip is clear, then the cart might be going. Are your other games working fine? Sure one of the joystick buttons weren't stuck?

If all else fails, let me know, I have an extra Asteroids I can ship off to ya.

Ok, Im a dufuss!

I just figured everything out... I thought it was just that one game freaking out, but i guess i just didnt try any games that used the second button! I tryed playing xevious and it was auto fireing.

The Problem? When i took loose the joystick to chage it for the 5th time, i noticed that a couple of pins in the connector were lower than they were supposed to be! So, i just got my needle nose out and yanked a bit... Violia! Everything works fine now! Good Thing too! I was starting to get worried that my 7800 was fixing to die! *Shudder!*

Im wondering if useing a genesis pad on my 7800 might have caused the problem to begin with, it seems to fit quite a bit tighter than all my atari sticks.

Anyways, sorry for wasting bandwidth guys! And Thanx for always being so helpful Lonesome_Pa!! :)

Im wondering if useing a genesis pad on my 7800 might have caused the problem to begin with, it seems to fit quite a bit tighter than all my atari sticks.

I doubt it. Usually the pins get pushed in by not being careful when plugging in controllers. I've done it once or twice myself. :D

Mitch

Right, it shouldn't matter which controller you use, just have to be careful on plugging them in. Espically on the 7800, I always thought that the connectors were at a weird angle and I am always cautious when changing controllers.

And no problem Tifany, just trying to do what I can.

Archived