IGNORED

gamegavel.com

Atari8bitCarts

Only one game for auction for the Atari 2600.

To me this is fallout from the Coleco Chameleon debacle. He had to have lost buyers/sellers because of it.

It died long, long before that. When it changed from CTCW to GG was the major turning point towards it's downfall. That and anything MK touches is sure to turn to crap by default.

Edited by Shawn
  • Like 2

It died long, long before that. When it changed from CTCW to GG was the major turning point towards it's downfall. That and anything MK touches is sure to turn to crap by default.

Maybe so but even before the Chameleon debacle there was usually hundreds of Atari 2600 cartridges up for auction. Maybe by the same seller, I don't know...but now essentially no 2600 anything

Whatever happened to gamegavel.com? I just looked at it and it had nothing for Atari 8-bit. And seemed extremely light on everything else.

It's still the go to place for the Mattel Hyperscan. Too bad nobody collects for that system. Those 293 listings have been there since 2008.

• Like 1

I've only bought off it once before and that's only because a Japanese vendor had some really nice GB games I wanted for less than ebay was trending at. I tried a couple times to sell on some free push they did and not one item moved. All I could tell was most stuff didn't sell unless it was fairly unique, or fairly expensive, or was an import or some sort. I bailed on it, haven't logged into it probably in two years now as it was just dead meat and I'm kind of surprised it's still kicking after that nitwit and the chameleon fallout.

It's still the go to place for the Mattel Hyperscan. Too bad nobody collects for that system. Those 293 listings have been there since 2008.

believe it or not I've sold over 400.00 of Hyperscan stuff on GG. I did have a bunch of game stuff on GG as well, but it was just a pain to control, by bringing all that to conventions then needing to take out what sells at a convention was just too much work! so I don't list that stuff anymore.

Rick

• Like 1