IGNORED

Jaguar CD soundtrack calls in Raptor Basic?

Just curious if something like this is possible with Raptor - say someone converted their .abs using Jiffi to load the game, could they implement a soundtrack to be played or pulled from the CD if one was present to stream the soundtrack in-game or the intro/credits?

Thanks!

At the moment, none of the CD-Bios calls are exposed to the API. I hope to be able to add them in the future.

However, lets hope the CD unit slowly dies off now carts are relatively easy to get made :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment, none of the CD-Bios calls are exposed to the API. I hope to be able to add them in the future.

However, lets hope the CD unit slowly dies off now carts are relatively easy to get made :)

Well, I understand that cartridges are much more durable than CDs, but what about those individuals that cannot afford an EPROM burner and a Skunkboard? Unless someone has found a way to put high-capacity storage on a cart, CDs are cheaper than carts and hold considerably more data. They can last years even, if taken care of correctly. I understand the argument about carts and CDs, and I agree both ways. However, it is easier to burn a CD with an ABS file. Just put it through JiFFI and you have a workable CDI and use DiscJuggler. Both arguments are correct, IMHO, but I would rather work with CDs. Just me, I guess. I like Raptor BASIC+, though. Kudos, CJ and GGN. :)

Well, I understand that cartridges are much more durable than CDs, but what about those individuals that cannot afford an EPROM burner and a Skunkboard? Unless someone has found a way to put high-capacity storage on a cart, CDs are cheaper than carts and hold considerably more data. They can last years even, if taken care of correctly. I understand the argument about carts and CDs, and I agree both ways. However, it is easier to burn a CD with an ABS file. Just put it through JiFFI and you have a workable CDI and use DiscJuggler. Both arguments are correct, IMHO, but I would rather work with CDs. Just me, I guess. I like Raptor BASIC+, though. Kudos, CJ and GGN. :)

1. When working with CDs you effectively have 4MB LESS MEMORY.

2. JiFFI isn't going anywhere.

3. Enjoy rB+

4. Thank you!

I have a lighthearted reply here. There are so so many things that could (or should) be added to rb+. Some of them are easy to add, and get added from time to time. Some require hours of thought and complex implementation. Especially these we are a bit skeptical to add because who says that when we add them nobody will make anything with them (or promise us they'll do and then bail because it's not up to the requirements they had in mind?).

rb+ will evolve along with its user base - simply put: I'm not up for putting the effort unless people show promise. Please prove me that you're up for it and I'll certainly consider more complex request :)

Edited by ggn
  • Like 3

I have a lighthearted reply here. There are so so many things that could (or should) be added to rb+. Some of them are easy to add, and get added from time to time. Some require hours of thought and complex implementation. Especially these we are a bit skeptical to add because who says that when we add them nobody will make anything with them (or promise us they'll do and then bail because it's not up to the requirements they had in mind?).

rb+ will evolve along with its user base - simply put: I'm not up for putting the effort unless people show promise. Please prove me that you're up for it and I'll certainly consider more complex request :)

Understood.... definitely don't mean to come across sounding like we need this, we want that and since we're not basketballs deep into the system, really don't know the complexity of some things that seem like it just makes sense to have but obviously don't realize it requires x amount of weeks or months to even implement. The outline makes perfect sense as to why it's not currently implemented.

Thanks!