IGNORED

7800 Composite Mod Help Needed

Serpentor

I attempted the composite mod from Best Electronics this evening. I am getting video and audio from the system, but the 7800 shuts off at random times (usually after 3-5 minutes). Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Also, the menu of the Harmony cart is practically unreadable on my 46" tv through the composite modded system. I have not tested it on another system or tv, but should it look at least readable? The games look okay.

Not sure about the powering off aspect as I've not see a 7800 do that. As for the menu on the Harmony, try pressing the color/bw switch on the menu screen. this will cause the menu palette colors to cycle and at least on my LED flatpanel makes the menu much easier to read.

I figured it out, and what I learned is so simple! I was testing it without reassembling the large black metal piece behind the cartridge slot. It apparently serves as a heatsink, and the system was overheating without it. I happened upon this by accident when I touched the small black square there and noticed it was extremely hot. Hopefully, this will be of some use to others who experience the same issue.

I figured it out, and what I learned is so simple! I was testing it without reassembling the large black metal piece behind the cartridge slot. It apparently serves as a heatsink, and the system was overheating without it. I happened upon this by accident when I touched the small black square there and noticed it was extremely hot. Hopefully, this will be of some use to others who experience the same issue.

Why did you remove the 7805's heatsink in the first place? That shouldn't be needed to do the AV mod?

• Like 1