IGNORED

How do you set up your Action Max (World of Wonders console)

I moved my system to a crt to cut down on potential problems. I could not get the system counter to work at all, but the score signal I bought off of eBay did have some crud on the connector. I kept cleaning it off and retrying it to no avail. Finally I got the connector looking pretty clean and when I inserted it into the console it fell like it went it farther than before.

Now the system counter works! Was it the stuff on the connector or was I just not pushing it in far enough the whole time? Now I get to the target practice, but I cannot even get one hit. I have tried both of my guns, but I cannot record even one hit or get the score signal to light up at all. Are both of my guns not functioning or is it my score signal?

Would the counter work during the testing phase if the score signal does not work? If anybody has any ideas let me hear them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I have my final results:

On Saturday the missing cable came, giving me the possibility to record my very own video master directly from VHS, transmitted as YPbPr. With the perfect frame rate I was able to find my perfect setup: Light in the room out, distance from TV as with every other light gun system (Zapper, Light Phaser, Gcon, Stunner etc), contrast high, brightness really low (really as suggested in the recommendations on every Action Max VHS) and the distance potentiometer really low(!).

Of course now, after swapping the potentiometer with a 100 kohm linear one by CTS (for Fender Amplifiers) especially the distance setting might be a different one for you. I can set it to the minus character of the drawn scale to get the best results. Thats useful as I don't have to mark the spot in order to find it again. With those settings I get easily 20+ points (usually about 25) at the "shooting practice" parts of the cassettes. This is my benchmark to set everything up when I take the system out for some game play.

I thank you guys very much for sharing your experience, being patient and kind and being so much of a help. Alone it would have been cumbersome.

• Like 1