IGNORED

TI Gaming ... TO THE MAX!

Omega-TI

This morning a thought came to mind... "What would a MAXED OUT GAME look like on the TI?

Over the past couple of years many of us have purchased F18A's, SAM'S cards and UberGROM cartridges. So, what kind of game could be stuffed in, and max out an UberGROM that would also require all the power of a 1meg SAMS while fully exploiting the F18A's capabilities?

I just KNOW some of you guys have an idea or two...

Let's get a mass produced SAMS card clone produced for the masses first. Just my opinion. Nothing like peeking in the window of a fire place home during a cold winter storm.

a new SAMS card was released in 2016. I picked one up and as Tony The Tiger says, 'THEY'RE GREATTTTT!"

Read about it.

HERE

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 1

This morning a thought came to mind... "What would a MAXED OUT GAME look like on the TI?

Over the past couple of years many of us have purchased F18A's, SAM'S cards and UberGROM cartridges. So, what kind of game could be stuffed in, and max out an UberGROM that would also require all the power of a 1meg SAMS while fully exploiting the F18A's capabilities?

I just KNOW some of you guys have an idea or two...

I think you could produce a graphic adventure like Monkey Island with this suite of hardware, but this is not a one man job - it would require at least 3-4 people working together, e.g. 1 coder, 2 graphics artists, and one sound/music composer.

Another possibility would be a 3D game utilizing the F18A GPU, e.g. space battle/trading, driving, first person shooter. Again I think it would be too big a project for a single person.

• Like 2

I think you could produce a graphic adventure like Monkey Island with this suite of hardware, but this is not a one man job - it would require at least 3-4 people working together, e.g. 1 coder, 2 graphics artists, and one sound/music composer.

Another possibility would be a 3D game utilizing the F18A GPU, e.g. space battle/trading, driving, first person shooter. Again I think it would be too big a project for a single person.

You're probably right, although with the talent we have on this forum, it is possible! I imagine such a super game would attract more than a few newbies back into the TI-World too... as well as sell more hardware. While something like this would probably take at least a year to develop, oh man, it would be well worth the wait!

A must for a mega game like this iwould be a "credits screen", just like PC games. We know there would be room! Of course anyone involved would be immortalized in TI history for sure.

Hell, I'd just be happy if some of the stuff going on lately in the Colecovision scene could be ported. Similar video chip, different CPU I know - but some of these seem a little more down to earth for our humble machines. :)

BTW: anyone know if the TI has a port of Astro Invader by chance? Or Warp & Warp? Great games that look like they could be right at home on the TI today. :love:

• Like 1