IGNORED

WTB: 48K ATARI 800 COMPUTER - WORKING OR NOT

Binarygeek

Hi

I'm looking to buy a 48K Atari 800 computer, working or not, with all keys on the keyboard Must not have any gouges, breaks or cracks in it. Cosmetic condition is not very important, as long as somebody hasn't taken a grinding wheel or such to it. I expect a substantial amount of dirt, yellowing and discoloration. Will pay $115 shipped. Please PM if interested.

Regarding the cracks, anybody have an idea how to repair a crack (short of epoxy with carbon sheets; This is the only idea I have come up with)? Epoxy is not satisfactory and krazy glue, of course, does not work.

Rick

Edited by Binarygeek

The shipping in most cases for this beast (unless you get really lucky and find someone very close to you) will be a very good chunk of what you are offering. It is big and very heavy and the shipper will need to invest at least $20 into good packaging and heavy duty large bubble type wrap to ensure safe delivery. I know, I have shipped a few of these in my lifetime :) I kept looking for a crisp one and found one locally for $130 and thought that was an absolute steal. Keep checking craigslist or put a wanted add there as well. You never know what old guy in your area has a pristine boxed one in his attic :)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I don't know you folks either, and I won't fork over cash up front to you. I just bought a 1050 and an 800 with cash up front. For you, though, only half now and the other half on delivery until I get to know you. If you don't like my payment method, fair enough. Don't sell. Simple as that. If you are upset because I will not buy your gear on your stipulations on your payment terms, then PM me and you can tell me all about it. But don't hijack my thread and trash me when you don't know a thing about me.