Jump to content
IGNORED

Stephen's A8 Blog - Rasta Convertor


RSS Bot
 Share

Recommended Posts

First time I have ever taken a non-converting image, and fixed it, such that a suitable conversion is possible.

Before I reduced the detail in "certain" areas, this is the best result. Note the terrible tell-tale "horizontal banding".


Seeing that the image was struggling with two specific areas, I went in and removed most of the detail. Below will detail the before and after images.

  • Reduce the image to indexed 8-bit colour, using an Atari palette file (in this case, I used the default palette from Atari 800 Win+). I chose to use no dithering at this stage
  • I went in highly zoomed, and reduced problem areas down to basically 4 colours. This freed up additional colours for detail and completely eliminated any horizontal banding.
Before:


After:


Here's the final conversion:



Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-650-0-45573900-1485572388_thum
  • blogentry-650-0-60926900-1485619439.jpg
  • blogentry-650-0-93996500-1485619201.jpg
  • blogentry-650-0-57801200-1485619282.png
Attached File(s)


http://atariage.com/forums/blog/341/entry-13630-rasta-convertor/
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...