IGNORED

Who else is excited for PS4 Pro Boost Mode and external HD finally

crtfreak

Looks like the new PS Firmware 4.50 offers the ability to use external HD for game storage FINALLY

Best of all is the PS4 Pro Boost mode. This I'm most exited about

Boost mode. When playing games released before the release of PS4 Pro (CHU-7000 series), you may be able to enjoy high quality game play by improving frame rate etc etc. Please turn it off when unexpected action occurs during game play.”

http://www.psu.com/news/32122/ps4-pro-boost-mode

Looks like the new PS Firmware 4.50 offers the ability to use external HD for game storage FINALLY

Best of all is the PS4 Pro Boost mode. This I'm most exited about

Boost mode. When playing games released before the release of PS4 Pro (CHU-7000 series), you may be able to enjoy high quality game play by improving frame rate etc etc. Please turn it off when unexpected action occurs during game play.”

http://www.psu.com/news/32122/ps4-pro-boost-mode

I will be excited about the external HDD as long as I can safely remove it from my system. I'd envision putting my lesser played games on it and only plugging it in when I needed. Also, hopefully the PS4 USB ports provide enough power and I don't need a drive with external power supply.

I would have been OK with just upgrading the internal drive, but after 3 years it seems like there is still only one good 2Tb option, and not much if you need a bigger drive.

Boost mode: Don't have a pro

Edited by zzip

It's all cool but it shouldn't have taken this long for external hard drive support.
Also, i'm looking forward to the Scorpio, pS4 Pro is really nice but xbox has gotten my attention of late.

Yea it should of been done a year ago.

Im also really excited for the Scorpio. I definitely noticed the improvement going from Xbox One to One S in a few games.

I will be excited about the external HDD as long as I can safely remove it from my system. I'd envision putting my lesser played games on it and only plugging it in when I needed. Also, hopefully the PS4 USB ports provide enough power and I don't need a drive with external power supply.

I would have been OK with just upgrading the internal drive, but after 3 years it seems like there is still only one good 2Tb option, and not much if you need a bigger drive.

Boost mode: Don't have a pro

Yea thats a good question about power through the usb. I'll have to keep an eye on that. Hopefully it wont be a problem since the Xbox does. I upgraded my PS4 to 2tb but with all the free games you get each month and the forced install on a few retail games its quickly eaten up. Plus all the dirt cheap game sales Amazon and Best Buy had over the holidays didn't help :D