IGNORED

New Cartridge - MiniMem LBLA, TIBUG Monitor and Disassembler

Stuart

Been having some fun integrating a couple of programs into a single 8K cartridge:

-- The MiniMem Line-by-Line Assembler (LBLA) - no more loading from tape. ;-)

-- The TIBUG monitor from the TM990 CPU module. This is similar to (and a fore-runner of) the Mini Memory EASY BUG and the Editor/Assembler Debugger program, and enables you to run and tweak the program you've just entered using the LBLA.

-- The TMS 9900 disassembler from the Powertran Cortex.

Full details and a download link for the EPROM image here: http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/ti/ti.htm#minimem_lbla_tibug_disassembler_cartridge. I've tested it using Classic99 and JS99'er, but not on the real hardware.

Stuart.

• Like 9

I popped it into the flashrom99... works great.

Playing in TI bug, I see an issue though: the paging with the 'N' command doesn't work write. I observe some garbage line with a 'b' printed between every line, consequently the top has scrolled off the screen. I'm using my side port 32k memory cards, so there is no reliable initial memory state. .... a few minutes later... yep, in classic99 I can make the issue reproduce by using the memory-scramble-reset feature!

post-42954-0-56218700-1486256715_thumb.jpg

This is very awesome though... I look forward to rolling the LBLA into my skill set.

-M@

I popped it into the flashrom99... works great.

Playing in TI bug, I see an issue though: the paging with the 'N' command doesn't work write. I observe some garbage line with a 'b' printed between every line, consequently the top has scrolled off the screen. I'm using my side port 32k memory cards, so there is no reliable initial memory state. .... a few minutes later... yep, in classic99 I can make the issue reproduce by using the memory-scramble-reset feature!

Ooops! I've corrected that and uploaded a new version (the new binary image file has a v1_1 suffix).

I'm not sure if the scrolling page buffer that the LBLA uses is going to be a pain when used with TIBUG and the disassembler. With the LBLA it is useful to be able to scroll back to see what you've done earlier, but not so sure you need to be able to do that with TIBUG and the disassembler, and it just ends up messing up the screen. Might look at changing that.

• Like 2

I probably missed it in my absence, but have we come up with a way to reproduce the SAVE functionality of the MiniMem cartridge without battery backed RAM? By this I mean a cartridge containing RAM that can be written to via BASIC?

Not that I'm aware of. That is a handy feature at times... I imagine that requires a GPL based DSR, if it is going to be in a cartridge. I imagine all the necessary hardware required is probably there in the UberGrom.

-M@

This is what I have been wanting for the TI for a very long time. I have used 6502 machine language monitors (as they call them) on the Commodore 128 (built-in) and 64 (Warp Speed cartridge) and have longed for one for the TI. This is it, and even better as you can use labels. Fan-freaking-tastic. Now when I have an idea I can quickly whip it up and try it out. No more XB mock-ups for me.

• Like 1

I probably missed it in my absence, but have we come up with a way to reproduce the SAVE functionality of the MiniMem cartridge without battery backed RAM? By this I mean a cartridge containing RAM that can be written to via BASIC?

Isn't that what the SuperCart gives you? http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/supercart/supercart.html (I think Ksarul has laid at a new PCB for it?) I've got a program that will load/save to that RAM (CART_RAM on http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/ti/ti.htm#miscellaneous_programs); some other versions exist as well. Should be able to peek/poke to the RAM from BASIC using the E/A functions.

Isn't that what the SuperCart gives you? http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/supercart/supercart.html (I think Ksarul has laid at a new PCB for it?) I've got a program that will load/save to that RAM (CART_RAM on http://www.stuartconner.me.uk/ti/ti.htm#miscellaneous_programs); some other versions exist as well. Should be able to peek/poke to the RAM from BASIC using the E/A functions.

I assumed he meant the save functionality for BASIC code: SAVE MINIMEM -> saves current program into the battery backed ram. OLD MINIMEM loads it again. It's like a single file thumbdrive for BASIC programs. Or did you mean something else Owen?

-M@

I assumed he meant the save functionality for BASIC code: SAVE MINIMEM -> saves current program into the battery backed ram. OLD MINIMEM loads it again. It's like a single file thumbdrive for BASIC programs. Or did you mean something else Owen?

-M@

Ah, I see what you mean! You're probably right. ;-)