IGNORED

Qbert's Qubes... in the wild!

EricDeLee

Hey... I've got a great deal today in the local fleamarket!

I picked up a woody Atari system (no power cords or controllers... but it works perfectly!!!), and 4 games for $10!!!!!!!!!!

The games:

Space Cavern

Cosmic Creeps

Tutankham

and...

Q'bert's Qubes

(Sad part is... I almost passed it up for another Frogger Three Deep) Thank god I didn't!!!!!!!!!!

My first REALLY good rarity ... and a wonderful buy!!!!!!!!

How much do they normally run for?!

:)

Eric DeLee

I'm not sure if I'm eager to get rid of it so soon.

LOL

I just went back to the same place and trade Final Fantasy 9 (for PSone) for the following games for the Atari 2600:

Joust

M.A.D.

Frogger Three Deep

and 4 mystery Parker brother games.

I haven't tested any of the games yet... but I'm getting ready to try them all out.

(holding my breath to make sure Q*bert's Qubes works!!!)

I got screwed!!!!!

The left players difficulty switch on my woody atari is broke!

(Thank god that's the only complaint I have! This will end up being a good portable project atari).

I tested all of the games. First, and most important out of the bunch: Qubes works like a charm! I cleaned it really good... (debating on if I will leave the price tag on there or try to take it off) and it worked perfectly!

All of the other games work as well (I didn't realize that M.A.D. was actually fun!!!).

The four mystery Parker Brothers games were:

3 Froggers...

and a Popeye

Oh well... it was worth it. And besides... for some reason I didn't have Popeye already... so that works for me!

Joust was a blast too! Never played it on Atari before but I like it!

Eventually... I may end up getting rid of Qubes. The only reason... well... I never was a huge Q*Bert fan to begin with. But I just couldn't pass on that deal!

For now... I'll keep it in my collection!

I'm a very happy camper today!!!

Eric DeLee

(BTW... I was at an estate sell today... they had about 8 Commadore 64 sets there. $15 bucks apiece. Think I should get one tomorrow (*the price will be even lower then. I just don't know anything about the Commodore 64. )

(BTW... I was at an estate sell today... they had about 8 Commadore 64 sets there.  $15 bucks apiece.  Think I should get one tomorrow (*the price will be even lower then.  I just don't know anything about the Commodore 64. )

$15 is way too much for commodore carts.

Oh... and this seller is kind of strange to figure out.

He has three Mario Bros. sitting on his shelf for $23.17 and a SpiderMan for the same price. Ms. Pacman runs at about $8 and Jedi Arena is at $13.

And yet... I've picked up a Frogger Three Deep for $1 a few weeks ago (one of my first posts) and yet another Frogger Three Deep labeled at $2 (got that one today in the trade).

Oh... :roll: and let's not forget... a Q*Bert's Qubes w/three other games... AND a working Atari for $10. You simply can't beat that!

But... he's all over when it comes to prices! lol Luckily they are in my favor!

I think I need to see if this guy needs a hand with running his sales on the weekends.... just to make sure I get the goodies! Everytime I go in there he seems to have at least one Rarity 5 or above available for sale.

Eric DeLee

i got lucky and got cubes in the wild too (loose) for .50 cents or so, long ago. Mr. Do's Castle however, I had to ebay, ended up paying ~$30 for it. Great score on qubes tho. try it, it really adds a lot to the qbert gameplay, and the 2600 version is quite good.

Archived