IGNORED

Law of the West

cvga

Thanks to a sore foot, I spent some time going through a bunch of old Commodore 64 software I had as a kid. One of the disks was "Law of the West". I don't remember ever playing this before (although I'm sure I did). The game is short, except for waiting on load times, but it was pretty fun. Does anyone else enjoy this game?

• Like 1

My wife and I played Law of The West a bit when she got a Commodore 64 about 15 years ago. I agree, it was pretty fun, mostly due to the dialog choices. It was fun messing with people or pissing them off. :D (Which usually got me shot... :skull: ) Point-and-click style games aren't usually my bag, though--I haven't played it in years. I'm more of a Blue Max/Defender/Space Taxi/Beach Head II/Miner 2049er kind of guy. :)

Still, my interest is piqued--I'll have to give it another go and get a refresher.

Evidently the game is over after one day (which consists of 11 confrontations with other people). If you make it through the day you get a score based on how well you performed. Last night I got shot once and made it through the day once (although I got shot but didn't die). My score was about 1,000.

Oh yes, that was a fun game, my favourite quote: "Up yours, sheriff!" (little Willy) :)

Be nice to the doctor when you meet him first as he can patch you up two (or three?) times when you get shot. If you alienate him he'll forget about his hypochondric oath and do nothing for you.

Another fun detail I remember is that when you draw your gun during a dialogue the little people in the background immediately flee the scenery :)

• Like 1

Another fun detail I remember is that when you draw your gun during a dialogue the little people in the background immediately flee the scenery :)

I didn't notice that. I'll pay more attention the next time I play it. I did consider trying to shoot the horse in one of the scenes.