IGNORED

How to identify Activision's Space Shuttle?

opcode

Hi everyone,

I own a boxed copy of Activision's Space Shuttle that is plain blue label and has no command "overlay" included.

I am now looking for the original version, with illustrated label, color manual and commands "overlay". But since I want a sealed copy, does anyone know how to identify the original release just looking at the box? I have found barcodes are a good indication of re-released Activision games (usually plain blue labels), but it just applies to games released prior to Plaque Attack. Robot Tank and Decathlon re-releases can be spotted by that "Not to be used with 7800" stick. But how about Space Shuttle?

Eduardo Mello

Robot Tank and Decathlon re-releases can be spotted by that "Not to be used with 7800" stick. But how about Space Shuttle?

For Space Shuttle the bankswitching was changed (AFAIK many NTSC and all PAL carts) to make it work with every 7800. So you won't find that stick here.

you can tell the difference by holding both an original space shuttle boxed with a re-released version that does not have the overlays, one in left hand, one in your right hand. the one that is heaver and thicker contains the overlay. i have done this several times and tried to find a visual difference and could not find any. also, not every re-released box, one without the overlay, will contain a blue label space shuttle, only some do.

why do you want a sealed one?

by the way, the same dilema is true with all the re-released blue label carts. not all shrinkwrapped boxes with a bar code you open will contain a blue label. i opened about six one night before i put them on ebay to make sure they had blue labels inside and only four did. the only way to be sure what is inside is to open it up and find out.

Thanks for all responses.

by the way, the same dilema is true with all the re-released blue label carts. not all shrinkwrapped boxes with a bar code you open will contain a blue label. i opened about six one night before i put them on ebay to make sure they had blue labels inside and only four did. the only way to be sure what is inside is to open it up and find out.

Ever if it isn't possible to say a box with a barcode will contain a blue label cart, it is surely possible to say a box "without" a barcode will contain a original release label, right?

By the way, do you have a new copy of Space Shuttle to sell? No need to be sealed, just unused.

Archived