IGNORED

Jag CD Myst

LinkoVitch

Having recently got me a memory Track I am planning to work my way through my Jag CD collection. I have started playing Myst. I have never played Myst before, just wondering are you really ment to start out with absolutely no idea what is going on? and spend a few hours reading books in the library?

The storys are quite intersting, just wondered.

What are other peoples views of this game?

It was interesting for about the first hour or so. Seeing the graphics was cool back then, but the puzzles never seemed to make any sense. Also, I hated the slow movement... If you go too far you've got to wait to go back again. Very annoying.

I finally used the cheat to see the end and never played it again. I'll take Doom any day over Myst.

Myst I played when it was released for PC and at the time it blew me away and I played it from start to finish only looking at the strategy guide twice. I have not played it on Jaguar but I think this game still holds up today as a great game, the atmosphere of this game is excellent, right now I'm playing a simlar style of game on pc called Obsidian.

I'm like GOVmole, I had MYST for the PC and couldn't put it down. I have played the Jaguar version, but couldn't remember how to do everything. You shouldn't spend too much time in the Library, but there are some important clues there. It's a fun game, stick with it a bit, you'll enjoy it.

Jason

MYST is fukin great!

I got my first real taste of the game on the Jagcd nad i couldnt stop playing it. I like the fact that you start with almost no clue of whats going on and have to work your way around the game and figure out everything little by litte and put things together - great version - great game- glad you got it!

I love Myst on the Jag too although I hear a lot of people think the PC version is better. I have both and I think the Jag holds up better except for loading speed. I was stuck in that game for literally a year, frustrated and pissed off. Then one of my ex girlfriends bought me the Myst hint book and I was able to solve it then. Too bad Riven never came out on the Jag. I got PYST, the Myst parody for PC for cheap and it is kind of amusing.

I was really getting into it last night, but I think the room I am in got 2 warm (it's only small and I had all 3 PC's on :) ) So after several hours and finaly making some progress the damn thing crashed, just before I was going to save as well!!! ARGH! If I can pluck up the courage I will attack it again later :)

If you ever have trouble falling asleep at night..pop in Myst and play for an hour or so.. It will put you to sleep like a charm... :D And not necissarily because it's bad, it's just that you do quite often get stuck with the puzzles and it's quite tiring trying to figure them out...

I was excited to finally play Myst when I got it on the Jag - the PC version I got didnt work on the version of Windows I had -

When I finally spent some time on it I loved the detail and atmosphere but the puzzles were not my cup of tea so I only spent 4/5 hrs on it before shelving it. When I retire from work Ill pick this one up again :D

My first adventure was Escape from Vulcan Island - know what platform that was on? ;)

Archived