IGNORED

One of my favorite TRS-80 Games...

Omega-TI

Pretty good conversion of Battlezone for the Model I/III,

Yes, it is actually. Go figure, the TRS-80, that little B&W, low resolution machine has a playable port of Battlezone, but not my color, higher resolution TI-99/4A! (The pain! the pain!)

The TI being unable to do vector graphics has been talked about before, but with the release of one recent demo, I know there are ways to simulate the action, and while speed might be an issue, once compiled I imagine the speed would be adequate.

I've been wanting a decent Berzerk clone for a while too, in fact that was one of the reasons I recently popped for an Atari 5200, I just got tired of waiting. Interestingly Robot Attack for the TRS-80 (again) is a fairly fun port of Berzerk!

• Like 1

Yes, it is actually. Go figure, the TRS-80, that little B&W, low resolution machine has a playable port of Battlezone, but not my color, higher resolution TI-99/4A! (The pain! the pain!)

The TI being unable to do vector graphics has been talked about before, but with the release of one recent demo, I know there are ways to simulate the action, and while speed might be an issue, once compiled I imagine the speed would be adequate.

I've been wanting a decent Berzerk clone for a while too, in fact that was one of the reasons I recently popped for an Atari 5200, I just got tired of waiting. Interestingly Robot Attack for the TRS-80 (again) is a fairly fun port of Berzerk!

have you tried Bandit on the 4/a? its more like frenzy than berzerk tho, but same basic game idea, frenzy was the sequel to berzerk. (pic from gameshelf)

BANDIT1.gifBANDIT2.gif

• Like 2

I actually have a "backup" copy of Robot Attack on cassette (probably just a bootleg somebody made many years ago) that I got in a lot of random TRS-80 tapes I bought a couple years ago. I don't remember some of those voice samples, though. Maybe the disk version had extra ones?

I actually have a "backup" copy of Robot Attack on cassette (probably just a bootleg somebody made many years ago) that I got in a lot of random TRS-80 tapes I bought a couple years ago. I don't remember some of those voice samples, though. Maybe the disk version had extra ones?

Yes, the disk version had more voice samples than the cassette. Which is just as well because as cool as the voice effects are I'd trade them in a heartbeat for faster loading times. Especially as a young fella with a video game addiction.

• Like 2

I'm using this program when making the game sample videos for the TRS-80...

msg-35324-0-48956700-1489193937.jpg

If you have a specific video you would like to see brought to people's attention, just PM me with a DSK image compatible with this emulator and I'll make one, two three, four or more. It's time the TRS-80 gets some more attention here at Atari Age.

• Like 3