IGNORED

Nintendo vs. Sega Wall

Welcome back to 1992... Put this setup together on one wall of my game room. My intention behind the setup was to recall the Nintendo and Sega console war of the early '90s.

Personally, between the two companies, I was a Nintendo kid back in the 90's, but nowadays I prefer collecting for Sega. So, in a way, this "versus" wall also represents my own personal evolution as a gamer as I've grown and gotten older.

Any feedback, good or bad, always welcome! (or any of your thoughts/preferences in the console war itself)

(P.S. You'll notice no Saturn games on the Sega shelf- I have too many of them to fit there, so they are on another wall in the room.)

post-47510-0-30639500-1488904950_thumb.jpg

post-47510-0-98248200-1488904952_thumb.jpg

post-47510-0-47045900-1488905517_thumb.jpg

post-47510-0-22927200-1488905521_thumb.jpg

post-47510-0-46659900-1488905524_thumb.jpg

Edited by Retro STrife
  • Like 3

Thanks. Yeah, the logos were probably what started this idea for me. I snagged them on ebay last fall and decided I would use them by putting all Nintendo in one spot under its sign and all Sega in one spot under its sign. Then, putting the two shelves side by side made the most sense.

The two media shelves are made by Prepac and were bought on Amazon. I highly recommend them because they are fully adjustable and fit games perfectly, so they're great for fitting a lot of games in a small space. For example, that's around 200 NES games on the shelf, but it only takes up three rows. Sturdy too.

• Like 1

The two media shelves are made by Prepac and were bought on Amazon.

They look almost like what I bought about 5-6 years ago for my nes games. Although I paid about $450 for mine as there was nothing else available back then. I'm pretty sure you probably paid much less these days but yeah they are really nice shelves for this stuff.

• Like 1

They look almost like what I bought about 5-6 years ago for my nes games. Although I paid about $450 for mine as there was nothing else available back then. I'm pretty sure you probably paid much less these days but yeah they are really nice shelves for this stuff.

Yeah, these were about $160 each. I bought 3 of them (the 2 seen in the photo and then 1 on the other side of the room for other games). As far as price, space, quality, and adjustability, they were the best ones I could find for what I needed. I think they work great for game storage. This is the link here:

https://www.amazon.com/Cherry-Black-Triple-Width-Storage/dp/B001KW0BM4/

Edited by Retro STrife
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If I may offer a suggestion: if you can get a few of those little battery-powered self-adhesive LED lights to stick on the bottoms of your console box shelves, so they light the wall signage and loose consoles perched on the media shelving...that would look even more sweet-as-hell. :-D

The pic of your Sega stuff sort of looks like it has that effect going on a little bit (there's a little bit of blue light on the wall in the pic). Run with it! :)

• Like 1

If I may offer a suggestion: if you can get a few of those little battery-powered self-adhesive LED lights to stick on the bottoms of your console box shelves, so they light the wall signage and loose consoles perched on the media shelving...that would look even more sweet-as-hell. :-D

The pic of your Sega stuff sort of looks like it has that effect going on a little bit (there's a little bit of blue light on the wall in the pic). Run with it! :)

Of course, suggestions always welcome! I like that idea and will definitely look into it. If you have a recommendation on good lights to use, please let me know.

Something like this:

I would pass on that unless you want to go through batteries like no tomorrow. My mother in law purchased our boys one of these a few years ago. I still have it stuck to the wall, but it is useless now as we lost the remote and can't turn them on now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sylvania-LED-RGBW-Color-Changing-Strip-Lights-RGBW-Mosaic-Flexible-Starter-Kit-/222446488995?hash=item33cad80da3:g:~KkAAOSwYXVY0HVG

That is however very pricey. I would go w/one of the more cheaper options available but make sure it comes with a wall ac adapter. Unless you have a method of connecting via usb, be careful what you buy. I would def. grab a color changing kit.

This seems to be a good one. 16' w/ a/c plug and color changing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-5050SMD-300-COLOR-CHANGING-LED-FLEXIBLE-WATERPROOF-LIGHT-STRIP-TAPE-ADHESIVE-/121994713600?hash=item1c67739a00:g:KQIAAOSw1h5XQjOz

If you keep searching you might find a better deal. They come in different lengths so if you don't want 16'. Plus some like the Sylvania above are actually four 2' sections plugged together. The sections might be a better option.

Here is one for $8.99 Although I am unsure if each light can change colors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-16-4Ft-300-LED-SMD-3528-RGB-IR44-Light-Strip-with-IR-Remote-w-Power-Supply-/381605627891?hash=item58d977c7f3:g:aOQAAOSw37tWAC3B

• Like 2